“GOOD FOOD FOR GREAT VALUE”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #31 of 68 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 July 2014

After the fiasco at Jasper's Restaurant, we ate two meals at Denny's. The food was very good, the price was right and service was great!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My friends and I had lunch at the Ellsworth, Maine, Denny's during a photo-taking tour of the Maine Coast. The food was good and service was attentive. I ordered the prime rib cobb salad. It was good, although I think a cobb salad is supposed to be just romaine lettuce. The salad I had was made up of various mixed lettuces. The strawberry lemonade was very good. We all presented our AARP cards at checkout and received a 15% discount on our food.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I dine at this resturant a number of times per month and I have to say the waitstaff is doing a great job with what they are given. Denny's is a chain thus it is no surpise that the food isnt great but all Denny's are basically just a step up frim a drive through. One server explained to me that the mannagers and corporate push them to have the order taken and food out within 20 minutes. While that seems easy if you sit and watch many servers have to argue with the kitchen over messed up food and other mistakes on the kitchens end.

The waitstaff is amazing and they are hard working. Many of them know great places in the area and give great recomendations for vaction spots.

In my most recent visit one waiter took time after his shift to explain some of the trails in the area good for hiking to a table of visitors.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Like most Denny's a please wait to be seated sign greets you. At this Denny's that is all that greets you, we stood there and waited quiet some time and not one of the 5 employees said a word to us. And no, they weren't busy, there were 6 customers in the whole place. The place is in serious need of a deep cleaning from the dining area to the restrooms. I would hate to see what the kitchen looked like. The food was okay and the service lacked hospitality and professionalism. I would not recommend at this time.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Breakfast was good but the pancakes were on the plate with the eggs and sausage with room to spare. They used to be on a plate of their own and seemed fluffier. Service was great, forgot his name but down back near the bathrooms. It was fairly slow at 9:15 a.m. and we had plenty of time to linger and we did. Bring back your awesome pancakes or train the cooks to be consistent! That is my favorite place to get awesome pancakes....Keep it that way!