“Denny's usual standard was no where to be found”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #30 of 63 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Denny's usual standard was no where to be found”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I ordered the 'Slow-Cooked Pot Roast', when the plate arrived; all the food was on one side of the plate, leaving the other half plate empty. I asked the wait staff if there was still some food coming to fill the other side, she said no.
The mashed potatoes were very dry. The presentation of the plate was terrible. – Just like the cook dumped everything together. My daughter said “I told you not to come here”. I should have listened to her.

• Visited August 2014

Norfolk, VA
“GOOD FOOD FOR GREAT VALUE”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

After the fiasco at Jasper's Restaurant, we ate two meals at Denny's. The food was very good, the price was right and service was great!

Visited June 2014
Massachusetts
“Lunch at Denny's”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My friends and I had lunch at the Ellsworth, Maine, Denny's during a photo-taking tour of the Maine Coast. The food was good and service was attentive. I ordered the prime rib cobb salad. It was good, although I think a cobb salad is supposed to be just romaine lettuce. The salad I had was made up of various mixed lettuces. The strawberry lemonade was very good. We all presented our AARP cards at checkout and received a 15% discount on our food.

Visited June 2014
“Great Wait staff. Slow kitchen.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I dine at this resturant a number of times per month and I have to say the waitstaff is doing a great job with what they are given. Denny's is a chain thus it is no surpise that the food isnt great but all Denny's are basically just a step up frim a drive through. One server explained to me that the mannagers and corporate push them to have the order taken and food out within 20 minutes. While that seems easy if you sit and watch many servers have to argue with the kitchen over messed up food and other mistakes on the kitchens end.

The waitstaff is amazing and they are hard working. Many of them know great places in the area and give great recomendations for vaction spots.

In my most recent visit one waiter took time after his shift to explain some of the trails in the area good for hiking to a table of visitors.

• Visited June 2014
Bangor, ME
“Try to avoid.”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Like most Denny's a please wait to be seated sign greets you. At this Denny's that is all that greets you, we stood there and waited quiet some time and not one of the 5 employees said a word to us. And no, they weren't busy, there were 6 customers in the whole place. The place is in serious need of a deep cleaning from the dining area to the restrooms. I would hate to see what the kitchen looked like. The food was okay and the service lacked hospitality and professionalism. I would not recommend at this time.

• Visited March 2014