“surprising Thai in Ellsworth”
Review of Thai Sana

Thai Sana
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I didn't expect to find excellent Thai food in Ellsworth, which I was passing through on my way back from Acadia. But I read positive TripAdvisor reviews and I agree: Sana would be successful in a big city, with high quality food and a smart and pleasant server (Danielle).
They have good vegetarian alternatives, which isn't always true of Thai restaurants.

2  Thank Crito0

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We moved to Downeast Maine and lost proximity to family, friends... and our favorite Thai restaurants. After visiting other Asian restaurants, we were disappointed and just assumed we would have to live out this season of our lives without good Thai food.

Until we visited Thai Sana.

It seems unlikely; Not as large as other locations, set back, nestled between a motel and an Elks Lodge. We initially avoided it and visited more from circumstance than interest. But it was wonderful and look forward to going back!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was our first visit. After reading reviews we decided to give it a try. The food was delicious, fresh, and appealing. When going to Ellsworth shopping this is the restaurant we will eat at! If you are a visitor heading to Acadia NP don't miss this stop for great food.

2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I ordered take out from Thai Sana once. We ordered a large mix of items from the menu...about $80 worth. It was okay but not great. I would not order from there again. I found it expensive and unimpressive.

5  Thank Dawn H
Jennifer N, Manager at Thai Sana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

We apologize that your take out food was not up to par, but we strongly recommend that you eat in house, as Authentic Thai food is best served fresh off the wok. We would invite you to join us for a meal if you are able, on the house. If you do not thoroughly enjoy it we will accept our taste buds as subpar to yours as well as our trip advisor fate. Thank you!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have lived here the past ten years and heard about this restaurant on Trip Advisor. Your are missing out if you don't visit. We were greeted by the owners who have been in business just about a year. This is by far the best in the area and there is no comparison. The closet would be located in Belfast. There are many apps and lunch, dinners to choose from. We ordered the eggplant dish with fresh vegetables and they were fresh. We also ordered a rice and veggie dish and there was an over abundance amount of food. There is a bar and plenty of space for a large group. The one and only issue is the location of the restaurant. Its located on the end of a motel on the road going to Bar Harbor which is one way. You will not be disappointed, and I will be back. I'm excited as they will start to have a lunch buffet at the end of the month.

1  Thank Patti S