“Never Again”

Acadia Village Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ellsworth
Acadia Village Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Brooklyn, New York
“Never Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

The morning of check-out, there was a brand-new shiny 2.5 inch nail that had been skillfully put under one of our rear tires. It gave us a flat tire on our way home. The five dollar daily fee for using Wi-Fi was not in the least bit pleasant. Whenever I sat on the old coach in the living room, It was hard not to sink abruptly into it. Otherwise, it was a nice stay in a clean and quiet townhouse.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cbwarm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
WAYNE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I am an ex-housekeeper, so believe me when I tell you our two story unit with a view of the woods was spotless. The staff could not be nicer, especially Grace at the front desk. The problem was the furnishings. This was, no exaggeration, the worst bed I ever slept on. The bed was so bad I left it the first night around three AM to sleep on the sofa, which smelled. The sofa cushions did indeed, as one other reviewer noted, sink right down to the frame. I complained about the bed the next day and a foam mattress was delivered for us to put on under the sheets. It did help somewhat, but not enough. My arm still fell asleep if I leaned on it, the bed was that hard. We constantly fell into the middle of the bed. The bed creaked with every movement from the wood, not the springs, which I think were nonexistent.
After a long day of hiking and biking, a decent bed is a necessity.
Nothing a few dollars wouldn't cure. Until then, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the woods offer the best view. The two story units have a huge jacuzzi type tub in it...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank NapoABC
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed in a two story townhouse for a timeshare week. The location is good - just outside of Acadia & not a far drive to get anywhere. The townhouse was immaculately clean, but the entire resort is tired. The rooms were all of good size, but everything is a little worn. The old couch sagged in the middle and was like the rest of the furniture - just past it's use by date. The beds were adequate - but no one would mistake them for comfortable. Every finish, whether it be the furniture or the tiles on the floor all started out cheap & are being asked to extend their lives longer then they maybe should. The Master Bath was indicative of the whole unit. Lots of space, but the smallest, stall shower they could install (reminded me of a cruise ship), the smallest toilet (thought it should be in a children's school), and the cheapest, discount finishes they could find. When I returned home, it made me feel like my home is a resort comparatively.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank chefgraves
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were searching for a place for 7 (2 families) to stay for a visit to the Acadia National Park. Most hotels charge over $150 a night for one room (and forget about the ones inside the park it starts at $199). We came across this place on the web. The price is extremely reasonable so we weren't sure what we would get but thought it was worth a try. The place is spacious and very functional, extremely clean and well kept. We stayed at a villa and it has a washer and dryer which is a real plus. It is very convenient as it's only 20 mins to the National Park, but it is in the middle of all the places you can get food and literally next to the LLBean outlet. The staff was extremely friendly. They have a indoor pool, a ping pong table, outdoor tennis court, outdoor playground, books and board games you can borrow, and even a good selection of video rentals. For my 5 year old, however, the best part is the indoor playground they have with the Ellsworth Tennis facility, which is a short walking distance to the resort. The kids really wished they have more time there. We would highly recommend anyone with a small family to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank 732chunyi
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family and I came to Maine for my sister's wedding in late July. We stayed at the Acadia Village resort for 1 week we had a 2 story town house. we were very pleased with our unit, it was immaculate, the housekeeping staff does a good job keeping the place clean. The staff was always friendly and cordial and ready to assist us. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool with their little cousins I like that it wasn't too crowded 1 or 2 family at the pool at a time. The resort is centrally located with many stores and supermarkets within walking distance. We had a great week and will visit this resort in future. I will recommend this place for anyone who's looking for a nice quiet place to relax for a week.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
15 Thank ruth g
Canandaigua, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Dirty, smoke-smelling unit. No a/c and in the upper 80s. I will try to get a better unit as it is August and hardly anyone is here. Many units up for tax sale. If I can't get a clean room I'll have to leave and report this timeshare to Interval International.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Carl B

Travellers are raving about these Ellsworth hotels

W Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

The resort was in a great location about 1/2 hour drive to many of the national and state parks. The Villa's were clean and gave the home feeling. I am an owner of one of the Villia's so I would like to give you a heads up that these are a time share property not a hotel room. It has 1 bedroom with a comfortable bed with a pull out couch. Full or 1/2 kitchen depending on the 1/2 you stay on. With a full washer and dryer so that you may go home with clean laundry and fill your full fridge that you do not see at most hotels. Wii-Fi is a slight problem but why would you need it if you are on vacation. Smart phone service worked great alone so did not need the Wi-Fi anyways.

There was 2-playgrounds one in great shape but the other was in need of being removed or repaired. The Resort has a discount card for a few local t did not use. The Tennis Center is only a short walk and provides a fitness center and indoor play center for children that my son loved.

The only issue that I had with the resort was the swimming pool was small but most hotels are about the same size and most timeshare properties are larger. The pool was also cold and in need of repairs, and the hot tub in the pool area could use some cleaning.

We loved the grills that could seam to be a little distance from others but really not bad from most spots.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a villa. The heat worked great and the seam to have more privacy than the tow...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Matthew S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Hampton Inn Ellsworth / Bar Harbor
#5 of 10 in Ellsworth
Ramada Ellsworth
Ramada Ellsworth
#2 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Acadia Village Resort? Share your experiences!