Acadia Village Resort
Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor(Ellsworth)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$130
US$108
Colonial Inn(Ellsworth)
US$92
Eagle's Lodge Motel(Ellsworth)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$65
Travelocity
US$65
Twilite Motel(Ellsworth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmaster bathping pongstayed here for a weekbr unitwhirlpool tublocation is idealair conditioningeasy drivetownhousemanoracadiaduplexesmainecourtaccommodationssink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just returned from first visit to Maine and this was great location to visit the places I want to see up and down the coast. I stayed in 52B in the Villa section. These are one story units similar to a duplex. Share a front entrance with another unit. Washer & dryer in the front entrance. One bedroom sleeps 4 but I would not recommend for adults as it would get crowded. Unit was very clean. Furniture was older but comfortable and mattress was new and comfrotable but plastic coated mattress cover crinkled and made noise when I moved. Huge tub/shower but little difficult to get in and out with no grab bars. Office staff was great and wine/cheese get together on Tues. night was fun.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank islelvr
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have noticed some pretty terrible reviews of this timeshare resort near Bar Harbor, and just wanted to add my take on things. My friend and I did a mini-escape during our April school vacation and couldn't have been happier. I'd vacationed at this resort with my hubby, years ago, when it first opened...and was a bit leery of returning after reading the reviews. Our condo was immaculate - yes the resort is a bit tired after all the years of use - but we had new furniture (except the sofa), new mattresses and bedding, and carpeting - so upgrades are being done. The location was nearly perfect as we're both photographers, too, and wanted to spend some time in Acadia and Bar Harbor taking pics. It all worked out wonderfully - except for the cold winds...but that's April in New England!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with new mattresses. ;)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank rdngtchr
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The morning of check-out, there was a brand-new shiny 2.5 inch nail that had been skillfully put under one of our rear tires. It gave us a flat tire on our way home. The five dollar daily fee for using Wi-Fi was not in the least bit pleasant. Whenever I sat on the old coach in the living room, It was hard not to sink abruptly into it. Otherwise, it was a nice stay in a clean and quiet townhouse.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank cbwarm
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I am an ex-housekeeper, so believe me when I tell you our two story unit with a view of the woods was spotless. The staff could not be nicer, especially Grace at the front desk. The problem was the furnishings. This was, no exaggeration, the worst bed I ever slept on. The bed was so bad I left it the first night around three AM to sleep on the sofa, which smelled. The sofa cushions did indeed, as one other reviewer noted, sink right down to the frame. I complained about the bed the next day and a foam mattress was delivered for us to put on under the sheets. It did help somewhat, but not enough. My arm still fell asleep if I leaned on it, the bed was that hard. We constantly fell into the middle of the bed. The bed creaked with every movement from the wood, not the springs, which I think were nonexistent.
After a long day of hiking and biking, a decent bed is a necessity.
Nothing a few dollars wouldn't cure. Until then, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the woods offer the best view. The two story units have a huge jacuzzi type tub in it's own room. If you have small children they could swim in it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank NapoABC
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed in a two story townhouse for a timeshare week. The location is good - just outside of Acadia & not a far drive to get anywhere. The townhouse was immaculately clean, but the entire resort is tired. The rooms were all of good size, but everything is a little worn. The old couch sagged in the middle and was like the rest of the furniture - just past it's use by date. The beds were adequate - but no one would mistake them for comfortable. Every finish, whether it be the furniture or the tiles on the floor all started out cheap & are being asked to extend their lives longer then they maybe should. The Master Bath was indicative of the whole unit. Lots of space, but the smallest, stall shower they could install (reminded me of a cruise ship), the smallest toilet (thought it should be in a children's school), and the cheapest, discount finishes they could find. When I returned home, it made me feel like my home is a resort comparatively.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family