“Wonderful stay”

Acadia Village Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ellsworth
Acadia Village Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Apalachin, New York
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was a little nervous about staying here after seeing some of the reviews, but as it turned out, there was nothing to worry about. We stayed in a villa and it was lovely. The bed and furniture were comfortable, the bathtub was huge and wonderful after a day of hiking, and it was absolutely spotless. We were very happy with our stay there and plan to go back next year. It's not a 5 star resort, but if you're looking for a clean, comfortable, quiet place to retire to after a long day in Acadia, this is a great place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Gina E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2013

There are three options for stay here...apartments (called "manors") in a 3 story tower building behind the office, as well as duplexes and townhomes. Our group stayed in one apartment and one townhome. The location is right downtown, just off High Street, so it's easy to get to Bar Harbor, Lamoine, Acadia National Park, and even north to Bangor.

I wouldn't recommend the townhomes. They were dark, the furniture was older...it was really like renting someone's cheap apartment. However, you do get your own washer/dryer and no one above or below you. However, the apartment (or manor) was well decorated, light, open, great for a family, with plenty of room for everyone, and a great living area for visitors. The garden tub was great and it was so clean that we let the baby crawl around freely all week. Plus the bedrooms were bigger. The entry was shared with one other apartment and there was a shared washer/dryer. You will have others above, below, and/or next to you depending on the "manor" you get.

If you're considering this location, be sure to find out which kind of property you're getting and see photos if possible. Since this location can rent for anywhere from $700-$3000/week....and there are only 6 manors....you want to be sure you know what you're paying for.

Oh, and there is a tennis court, access to an indoor playground, and an indoor pool and hot tub. Adults only swim from 8-10am and then open to anyone from 10am-9pm. The pool area is wood paneled and echoes badly, so be aware of this if you are sensitive to noise or traveling with kids.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a "manor"...you might have someone above you, but it's worth it for...
Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank SportsMoose
pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2013

wonderful resort close to acadia national park. worst part of the experience was the no air conditioning. in all honesty didn't really need it the week we were there. 15 miles or so away from acadia park, very nice drive through maine. not a bad drive and a lot of good restaurants along the way. clean, great staff, spacious rooms. would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pahepners
Richmond
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just returned from first visit to Maine and this was great location to visit the places I want to see up and down the coast. I stayed in 52B in the Villa section. These are one story units similar to a duplex. Share a front entrance with another unit. Washer & dryer in the front entrance. One bedroom sleeps 4 but I would not recommend for adults as it would get crowded. Unit was very clean. Furniture was older but comfortable and mattress was new and comfrotable but plastic coated mattress cover crinkled and made noise when I moved. Huge tub/shower but little difficult to get in and out with no grab bars. Office staff was great and wine/cheese get together on Tues. night was fun.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank islelvr
rdngtchr
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have noticed some pretty terrible reviews of this timeshare resort near Bar Harbor, and just wanted to add my take on things. My friend and I did a mini-escape during our April school vacation and couldn't have been happier. I'd vacationed at this resort with my hubby, years ago, when it first opened...and was a bit leery of returning after reading the reviews. Our condo was immaculate - yes the resort is a bit tired after all the years of use - but we had new furniture (except the sofa), new mattresses and bedding, and carpeting - so upgrades are being done. The location was nearly perfect as we're both photographers, too, and wanted to spend some time in Acadia and Bar Harbor taking pics. It all worked out wonderfully - except for the cold winds...but that's April in New England!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with new mattresses. ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank rdngtchr
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The morning of check-out, there was a brand-new shiny 2.5 inch nail that had been skillfully put under one of our rear tires. It gave us a flat tire on our way home. The five dollar daily fee for using Wi-Fi was not in the least bit pleasant. Whenever I sat on the old coach in the living room, It was hard not to sink abruptly into it. Otherwise, it was a nice stay in a clean and quiet townhouse.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank cbwarm
WAYNE
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I am an ex-housekeeper, so believe me when I tell you our two story unit with a view of the woods was spotless. The staff could not be nicer, especially Grace at the front desk. The problem was the furnishings. This was, no exaggeration, the worst bed I ever slept on. The bed was so bad I left it the first night around three AM to sleep on the sofa, which smelled. The sofa cushions did indeed, as one other reviewer noted, sink right down to the frame. I complained about the bed the next day and a foam mattress was delivered for us to put on under the sheets. It did help somewhat, but not enough. My arm still fell asleep if I leaned on it, the bed was that hard. We constantly fell into the middle of the bed. The bed creaked with every movement from the wood, not the springs, which I think were nonexistent.
After a long day of hiking and biking, a decent bed is a necessity.
Nothing a few dollars wouldn't cure. Until then, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the woods offer the best view. The two story units have a huge jacuzzi type tub in it...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank NapoABC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Hampton Inn Ellsworth / Bar Harbor
White Birches Motel
White Birches Motel
#1 of 1 in Hancock
Best Western Acadia Park Inn

Been to Acadia Village Resort? Share your experiences!