“Good basic accomodation, great value”

Eagle's Lodge Motel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here with family. My dad had been here several times in the past, so they gave all of us a discounted rate. While the rooms are fairly basic, they are clean. We had a downstairs room, and could hear the people upstairs occasionally, nothing that bothered us. When we checked in, we asked about dinner recommendations. They gave us several choices of restaurants which gave Eagles Lodge customers a discount. The clerks recommendation of Helen's was spot on, great meal at a great price just around the corner from the Lodge. The continental breakfast was again basic fare, but provided what we needed to get our day going without having to stop for breakfast. The coffee was very good and plentiful. Oh yeah, free wifi which was easy to access. I will stay there on future visits.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony C
Charity C, Front Office Manager at Eagle's Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you had a good stay and a good meal! We are looking forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for two nights while visiting Acadia National Park. Rates are very reasonable and it's only about a 30 minute drive to the Park. The room was very clean and quiet and we were very pleased with the staff and service. A reasonably good continental breakfast is included and the breakfast area is clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TN227

Thank you so much for taking to the time to write us a review. We are very glad you enjoyed your accommodations with us and we hope to have you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I left a package in a drawer and the staff called me, packaged the items, sent them to me via US mail. What honest people! Also very helpful in answering questions about the area and services available. Good breakfast, too. A basic place with an excellent staff. We would definitely stay there again.
Jean, Iowa

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have stayed here many times. The only thing I can find great about this hotel is its pricing. But this starts to make since once you get a room. There are outdated and not the most clean. I would def stay somewhere else and if it is pricing your worried about there are at least 2 other hotels/motels in ellsworth for around the same that I would try FIRST.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Indrid_Cold20
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My son and I stayed here for a wedding that was near by. Was good location and good value.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed 3 nights at Eagle's Lodge and were very well looked after. Very clean and very comfortable. We did have a mix up when we left, I had booked for a 3 night stay and called in advance from the UK to pay, so when checking out thought we had all settled up, but for some reason they had only booked us in for 2 nights, so we owed for the third night which wasn't a problem, but would have been if they had let the room out to someone else. I know I do B & B myself. I had no confirmation from them of the booking by email which would have stopped any mistakes.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
soccermom03, General Manager at Eagle's Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the time you spent giving our motel a review. We do agree that an email confirmation would be very helpful for all of our email reservations. In the future this will be our policy. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Nancy

Reviewed 7 November 2011

This is the third or fourth time I've stayed at this motel, sometimes solo, sometimes with my wife. We like that we can get larger than double beds; in this most recent visit two queen beds worked out perfectly. Fridge and microwave in the room is a significant plus, and there's a decent TV with a nice programming selection. Extra blankets are in the room, and each bed has two different texture pillows so there's one that you'll find comfortable.

The rooms are clean. The staff is friendly, even cheerful. Continental breakfast consists of coffee, milk, juice, a selection of cold cereals, and donuts - certainly enough to get you on the road and then some.

I've never been there in the summer, so I cannot comment on the pool.

We'll continue to count Eagle's Lodge as one of our top two area motels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. We pride ourselves on having a helpful, friendly staff. Our housekeepers work very hard to make sure that each guest comes into a clean, comfortable environment. I will be sure to let our staff know that their hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed it and look forward to your next visit with us.
Nancy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Ramada Ellsworth
#5 of 10 in Ellsworth
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#8 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Eagle's Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!