“Pleasant motel with friendly people”

Eagle's Lodge Motel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had a good stay at Eagles Lodge. The folks there are very nice, and the room was quiet, clean and while basic, just fine. This is good value for the money. I would recommend Eagle's Lodge for just about anyone. Breakfast was served, and coffee was always available. Overall, a good experience.

Room Tip: rooms on the parking lot side are a bit noisier than on the back side of the motel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank CatT42013
Charity C, Front Office Manager at Eagle's Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The Eagles Lodge Motel. We appreciate your kind & honest words. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Another trip to Ellsworth, and in at least four or five stays, there hasn't been anything about Eagle's Lodge to wave us away from staying. The pricing is better than most, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, there's a mini-fridge and a microwave, and there is a choice of pillows.

The staff are friendly and nice, and the breakfast provided is adequate with several cereals, coffee, juice and such (we only stopped for coffee so pardon the abbreviated list).

My only complaint this trip was that the shower was lacking in pressure. I think the diverter valve needs replacement. I'll send them an email after I'm done here because I neglected to tell them on checkout.

This property is conveniently located, offers discounts at several of the local restaurants, and has plenty of parking.

I guarantee we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnnyGeez
Charity C, Front Office Manager at Eagle's Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I really enjoyed reading your review and I have printed it out to share with the staff! Your comments are encouraging and it is great to know that the hard work of our staff is appreciated! I did do some hunting to figure out which room you were in and our maintenance man has set off to work on fixing the water pressure issue!! Thank you for taking the time to help us improve our motel and our impression on TripAdvisor!! We look forward to having you visit again. :)

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at Eagle's Lodge for 4 nights while visiting Acadia National Park. We prefer staying at locally owned hotels, rather than chain hotels. Rates are also reasonable as opposed to expensive rates on the island. The various antiques at Eagle's Lodge were very nice and gave it a homey appeal. There is also a framed quilt in the lobby area that was made by a local church group and subsequently bought on eBay by the hotel owner. The quilt was signed by famous people from Maine, including Stephen King. The hotel and our room were very clean and quiet. A basic continental breakfast (coffee, juice, cereal and doughnuts) is included and the breakfast area is clean and pleasant. We were very pleased with all of the very helpful staff and service. All of the staff we talked with were very helpful and friendly including the manager (?) who told us the history of the hotel. The downside - pillows of course - can hotel pillows ever be like your home pillows? The other downside - the hotel is on a one-way street (apparently it became one-way to accommodate Walmart & Home Depot) so you had to go a roundabout way at times to get to places. Overall, this was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review!! Your compliments will be passed around for all to appreciate! I will make sure the General Manager, Nancy is made aware that the pillows just aren't up to par!! I'm not so sure I can do much about the one-way road, but, if I ever get to bend the Town Managers ear, I will certainly express our mutual dislike. :)

You mentioned hearing of the motel's history from Nancy, I must tell you that I have worked here going on 4 years now and it never ceases to amaze me the knowledge she has of the motel and surrounding areas. I still stop what I am doing and listen in when she starts sharing stories or tidbits of fun information!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here with family. My dad had been here several times in the past, so they gave all of us a discounted rate. While the rooms are fairly basic, they are clean. We had a downstairs room, and could hear the people upstairs occasionally, nothing that bothered us. When we checked in, we asked about dinner recommendations. They gave us several choices of restaurants which gave Eagles Lodge customers a discount. The clerks recommendation of Helen's was spot on, great meal at a great price just around the corner from the Lodge. The continental breakfast was again basic fare, but provided what we needed to get our day going without having to stop for breakfast. The coffee was very good and plentiful. Oh yeah, free wifi which was easy to access. I will stay there on future visits.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony C
Charity C, Front Office Manager at Eagle's Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you had a good stay and a good meal! We are looking forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for two nights while visiting Acadia National Park. Rates are very reasonable and it's only about a 30 minute drive to the Park. The room was very clean and quiet and we were very pleased with the staff and service. A reasonably good continental breakfast is included and the breakfast area is clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TN227

Thank you so much for taking to the time to write us a review. We are very glad you enjoyed your accommodations with us and we hope to have you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I left a package in a drawer and the staff called me, packaged the items, sent them to me via US mail. What honest people! Also very helpful in answering questions about the area and services available. Good breakfast, too. A basic place with an excellent staff. We would definitely stay there again.
Jean, Iowa

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have stayed here many times. The only thing I can find great about this hotel is its pricing. But this starts to make since once you get a room. There are outdated and not the most clean. I would def stay somewhere else and if it is pricing your worried about there are at least 2 other hotels/motels in ellsworth for around the same that I would try FIRST.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Indrid_Cold20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Ramada Ellsworth
#5 of 10 in Ellsworth
Colonial Inn
Colonial Inn
#8 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Eagle's Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!