“Perfectly Fine”

Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I travel a lot for work and this Comfort Inn was definitely one of the better ones, I'd definitely stay again. I liked that I could walk across the street to a sushi restaurant and next time I'll leave more space in my schedule to stop into the LL Bean Outlet next door.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have some great restaurants in Ellsworth within walking distance. Main street is very nice and has an old town charm with great shops and restaurants. Thank you for your great review and we all look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ellsworth.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I just spent 5 days in Ellsworth for work and was very comfortable at the Comfort Inn. The rooms are modern, each have a refrigerator and microwave, ironing board and safe, although I never use the safes. Service was good, front desk staff were friendly and breakfast was delicious everyday. They offer various cold selections as well has instantly made waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon and or sausage. There are also yogurts, hard boiled eggs and different kinds of breads and cerials. All and all, there was nothing that I needed that they didn't have. I would stay here again in a minute. Not far from Ellsworths historic down town where you will find some nice restaurants and pubs, off the beaten tourist paths. Finn's is a great pub and across the street is the Village Cafe that also serves liquor along with a large choice of delicious and reasonably priced meals. The Inn staff told me about the downtown restaurants. I don't think you can go wrong with this Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: There is no indoor pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Deborahdp
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for your very complimentary review! It's nice to hear such positive feedback. I take my reviews very seriously and use them as a way to make continued improvements. I am very proud of our team here and our guests matter to all of us. Thanks again and I hope you will return.
Eve

Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a C- place to stay, run down tired rooms. I was dissapointed in the high rate after the summer and Labor Day was done. There has to be better choices but Inwent here in a pinch. Not a lot in town but you are in town which is handy. Not terrible but again below average. Was about an hour from Bangor.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NEFANMAN
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us. Unfortunately in September our rates are still higher until after Columbus Day. due to the fall foliage. Our hotel was completely renovated in 2010 and we just completed the new bedding package that will be required by Choice Hotels for all Comfort Inns in 2013. The new bedding was put in all of our guest rooms in October. Our off season rates are between The end of October until the first part of May. I hope you will decide to try us out again and have a better experience. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I was in town for a business meeting and this location provided the closest proximity for me. Overall the room was sufficient, and the breakfast was above average for the number of choices it provided. I checked in late and parked and came in with my luggage, before knowing that the clerk had assigned me a room at the far end of the property. I really didn't want to "lug" everything that far, so she reassigned me to a room just off the lobby. It happened to be a handicap room, with much more floor space in the bathroom. What I noticed though is there was no "vanity lights" over the sink in the bathroom. I'm not sure if this is how they have decorated all the bathrooms, or just the handicap bathrooms. I hated the lighting, and found it impossible to apply cosmetics, in getting ready for my business meeting....not the end of the world I guess, but enough of an annoyance that I probably would pick another hotel if I was in town again for business. If I was there on vacation -- who cares! LOL

Room Tip: Since the rooms are spread out you might want to check in before bringing in your luggage, in case y...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MBRECED
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your review and for the very good suggestion! We have 4 accessible rooms and they all have overhead lights in the bathroom but no vanity lights. I can see what you mean and I am going to have vanity lights installed right away. This is why it is so important to get feedback and I thank you once again! I hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

If yor are visiting Acadia National Park this hotel is a good value and centraly located. Its a cute little town, lot of quaint shops and restaurants. There are also big box store if you need to get some groceries. Located next to an LL Bean outlet store. Finn's, an Irish Pub in town was awesome. The corned beef sandwich was huge and delicious and the Scotch Eggs were great. Jaspers restaurant was next door to the hotel as well, and had great fish. This hotel was also close to Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank padmill0906
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate to have some great local restaurants. Downtown Ellsworth carries it's own charm apart from Bar Harbor.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was our first trip here to Maine! I was not sure where to stay so we checked this out and glad I did. It was the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. Frig in all rooms. Nice breakfast area and a gym. Very close to all activities. Simply great!

• Stayed: June 2012
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the very nice review! All of us here would love to see you come back and visit again.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ellsworth for two nights recently (Oct 2012) as we were returning to NYS from a two week visit to Nova Scotia. The room was large and comfortable, with easily accessible wi-fi. Several good restaurants were close at hand. The main shopping street was a longer walk, but on a nice day would have been accessible by side streets thru residential areas. Because we had been on the road for quite a while, it was great that a guest laundry was available at the Inn. The cleaning staff and desk clerks were helpful and pleasant. Although located on a busy street (Rt. 1), street noise was not a problem. Overall, a nice place for a stopover, pleasant, clean, conveniently located, and moderately priced.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
ellsworthcomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Thank you for your very kind review, my team and I appreciate the comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The guest laundry was added 2 years ago and has been appreciated by many guests. I hope you will be able to visit us again at another time. We are currently in the process of putting our new bedding in all of our guest rooms for a wonderful updated appearance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Hampton Inn Ellsworth / Bar Harbor
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#18 of 41 in Bar Harbor
Best Western Acadia Park Inn

Been to Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor? Share your experiences!