“All but the kitchen sink!”

Purple Cow House of Pancakes
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Fairfield
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 6 November 2015

The Purple Cow is a great place to stop by for a quick bite, or when no one in your group can figure out what they feel like eating. The food choices remind me of what was stocked in my childhood home in the 1960's! I had never seen an olive and cream cheese sandwich served by anyone except my Mom, until I went to the Purple Cow! But aside from my personal nostalgic favorites, the Cow serves up some good diner specialties. I enjoy going there for Sunday Breakfast. It's nothing fancy, but the eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and corned beef hash,are yummy and the service is friendly and quick. Lunch and Dinner are served and offerings range from meatloaf, liver and onions, and burgers to haddock dinners with sweet deserts. Prices are very fair and the family environment makes it a great place to grab a quick meal. A great treat that is not well known is the super take out window! The drive through menu has many of the same goodies as inside, but the specials can't be beat. Simple burgers, Breakfast sandwiches, hot dogs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and fries cost just $1.00 each and they are a much better quality as some other more well known dollar menus!

Reviewed 18 October 2015

I didn't have time to grab breakfast at my hotel before a work meeting. I spotted a sign on Rte 95 for the Purple Cow and it got my attention for a late morning breakfast after my meeting. The staff was very friendly and made me feel like I was a regular here. The portions are huge and more than I could eat. I wish there was a place like this closer to home. This is another one of those hidden gems you find traveling. I can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Loved our waiter, he was awesome. My son ordered the Fish & chips & I did also. Our server told me it was a huge platter, maybe I should get the half order. I agreed. So glad I did! Best fried Haddock I've ever tasted. They have a full bar now & beer on tap. Can't wait to try breakfast.

1  Thank Tootsofdaytona
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Service was quick, staff was friendly, food was hot and fresh and just what we ordered. No complaints! Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

A great family restaurant with some of the best waitstaff you will find. The food is varied and plentiful, and the prices are reasonable. Plan on getting there early as this place fills up FAST, and yes sometimes it does take a little longer to get your meal(when the place is packed), but the wait is worth it. The waitstaff hustle here (Thank you Violet & Brenda),

1  Thank cld1022