“Not that impressed”

Bueno Loco Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bueno Loco Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bueno Loco offers "CRAZY GOOD" Mayan inspired Mexican cuisine for lunch and dinner. Seasonal, local, and only the freshest ingredients are used to prepare our "made from scratch" menu items. Try something you've never had before like Panuchos or Arrachera Steak seasoned with over 20 secret spices. Or, stick with a classic Bueno Burrito or unique taco... You'll go "loco" for our Mayan Spring Rolls and Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwich. Sip on our House-infused Margarita and be transported to the tropics! Our menu offerings cater to everyone, including those with specific dietary needs such as gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan. Bueno Loco is the restaurant you have been waiting for where everyone from the hard-core carnivore to the strictest vegan will recognize that their needs were addressed when the menu was planned.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The inside is pleasant. But we couldn't sit in the booth because of the way the table pedestel was made. No big deal, we just moved to a table. But when we realized you don't get chips and salsa for your table unless you pay $4, I was not impressed. Instead we were brought tiny pieces of cornbread with an olive oil dipping sauce. The corn bread was good but gone very quickly. 6 tiny slices for 4 of us. We all liked our dinners. And the house marge were also fine. We haven't decided if we are going to try it again or not.

Sharon S, Owner at Bueno Loco Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your recent comments about my restaurant. It's true that we charge for chips and salsa. We make them all in house, from scratch and there is a significant cost associated with that. We wanted to differentiate ourselves from chain restaurants who offer that for free and chose to provide a Mayan treat of cornbread with each meal instead. My server would have gladly given you more cornbread at no additional charge upon request. I sincerely hope that you'll give us another try.

Again many thanks for taking the time to write. Your feedback is a valuable tool in helping us to continue to improve and grow our business.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Only good thing to say is the beer was cold.

The so-called Mexican food would simply be unrecognizable to real Mexican. Might as well call it Irish, or Indonesian. It's, in fact, nothing.

Chicken enchilada: Poor presentation. Dried out chicken filling, spiced but not flavored. No cheese. Quite disgusting, really.

Oh, and the live music was terrible. Crummy local band. Screaming is not a substitute for musical talent.

I won't be back.

1  Thank StanRuth

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at my restaurant. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations on the day you visited. I take your feedback seriously and will use it as a teachable moment for my staff. We have a great, loyal clientele and I sincerely hope that you'll change your mind and give us another chance.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stopped in for lunch after reading good reviews on my phone. We love Mexican food and have eaten all over the country. My husband ordered a steak peppers and onions with fresh cilantro on a flour tortilla. His food arrived with dried up meat that was so tuff and mushy vegetables with dried cilantro that after taking one bite, told the waitress that he could not eat it.. She offered to make him something else. When he told her he wanted the steak cook medium rare and the peppers and onions cooked half way with fresh cilantro she asked him to tell the chef himself. Which he did! When his meal came out it had well done and tuff steak and mushier vegetables then before. I had a chicken burrito that was dry and so full of beans and rice with 3 strips of chicken that we left everything and paid the $50.00 bill. We will never go back!

1  Thank joanne m

I was sorry to read about your recent experience at my restaurant. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make it up to you. As much as we try to please each and every guest, I recognize at times it's impossible. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Wonderful fresh food in an upscale warm environment. Great wait staff.. Nice variety of food offerings. drinks are excellent

Thank you for your kind feedback! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We regularly go here for lunch and dinner. Consistently great Mexican food and service. The specialty cocktails are a bonus. They did a great job creating an atmosphere that reflects the Mexican culture.

Thank you for your loyal patronage and your kind comments! See you soon!