“IGNORE THE POOR RATINGS, TRY IT FOR YOURSELF”
Review of Harmon's Lunch

Harmon's Lunch
Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in Falmouth
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After reviewing the ratngs on Harmon's, we were hesitant of trying the place. Boy am I glad we did. The burgers and fries were very good. Many people complain about the soft buns and tasteless burgers but we found the buns perfect for the tasty burgers. The place is very small but picnic tables are available in back for additional seating.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

yes, it is a landmark and local treasure but the burgers are vile, served on soft little buns....fried on a griddle....at best these are mediocre....go to support a local place but not if you are a burger lover. No ice machine, at least the last time i went, so you stick your glass into a cooler with ice, the occasional stray hair, other patron's hands....the person who described these as like whitecastle might have nailed it.....frankly, wendy's or BK blow these away....and a real burger, like from Foreside Tavern or the Sea Grill or a dozen other local places does too...

1  Thank chimayred
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Restaurant reviews are inherently subjective. Ask someone where the "best" anything is and you'll most likely get just about as many answers as the people you ask. Having said that, I will not go back to Harmon's. I had what others crow about, the loaded cheeseburger. All I could taste was the VERY sweet relish. The bun was very soft like a classic New England style hot dog bun that has been steamed. The loaded comes with mustard, a carmarelized onions and a relish. The relish is so sweet I couldn't' taste the mustard, onions or meat. The only thing I noticed from the "hot-dog bun" and relish was the texture of the meat. It was just like what you experience at a Whitecastle or Krystal. lt falls apart in your mouth into crumbles. I watched the meat being cooked. It wasn't seasoned at all. It was not juicy...probably too thin for that. If you like a juicy burger you can actually taste, this is not your place. Put some some kind of sweet jam on a Krystal. If you like that, you'll love Harmon's.

2  Thank astro005
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Noticed that the quality of the hamburg is declining rapidly. It appears the restaurant is using the cheapest ground of meat for its burg but still charging a premium price. I know this because I have worked most of my life in Butcher shops. The hamburg seems to be the same quality of, tube hamburger, that comes shipped to Hannaford or Shaw's from meat suppliers. Far cry from the days when Harmon ground his own steak for hamburg!

3  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Harmon's Lunch is a Falmouth landmark and wonderful treasure. Not at all fancy, but they have the best burgers and fries for miles and miles at great prices. Whenever I eat at Harmon's Lunch I feel like I'm sitting in my own kitchen having lunch with good friends. Harmon's has a loyal following and there's a good reason why. Check it out for yourself and you'll understand. You won't be disappointed.

Been to Harmon's Lunch? Share your experiences!