“Priorities are "Out of Order"”
Review of Farmington Motel

Farmington Motel
Farmington Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed 30 April 2009

You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping, you should buy yourself the best mattress you can afford my brother would tell me. The hotel is clean that's true, cute curtains, blow dryer in the bathroom, mini-frig and microwave, but the owner's seemed to have missed the most important thing about staying at a motel, SLEEPING. The BEDs are HARD. I may as well just sleep on the floor for what's it's worth. It was the most MISERABLE SLEEPLESS NIGHT I've ever had except when I slept on Michelle's childs bed. MY BACK HURT ALL Night and when I woke up the next morning. I suffered from sleep deprivation the next day. I can't sleep on a blow-dryer, or a mini-frig, or a microwave. Work with me people ... please!

Plus it's down wind of a cattle farm. You're OK if you don't want to sit outside.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ElizabethPowell

Reviewed 21 April 2009

I give this place 4 stars for a no thrill cheap motel. If you want a cheap place for the night, this does the job. Owners were polite if reserved. Room was clean, came with wireless internet, TV, microwave and small fridge. For $35/night, I can't complain. Sugarloaf is 40 minutes away.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank kelly001
Reviewed 2 January 2009

A very good clean place and comfortable to stay in. The owners
are very good and hospitable, ready to go out of their way to make you comfortable. Look forward to visit this motel again.
Haresh-Pinky, Jan 2, 2009

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2008

myself , my daughter and my wife stayed here to visit UMF.
the rooms were very clean and ours spacious. the owner was very pleasant. as motels go this one is very good. its not the Four Seasons but it it is a very fair and reasonable place to stop.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2008

we were traveling through maine on the way to quebec, and based on the previous reviews, we booked here-for 55.00 the night. While the location is somewhat remote, not a destination, the owners could not have been nicer. the room was clean, the property well cared for. we needed a cab to go to dinner (we travel by motorcycle, which precludes any alcohol with dinner if we drive), and the owner gave us the name of a cab company, but said if we had any problems, he would drive us and pick us up! not a shuttle, his own vehichle! what nice people!, it is nice to support local businesses, and these people deserve the business.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Hi. We liked this place. I noticed these things: 1) clean white bedspreads, obviously freshly laundered unlike bedspreads at other places 2) hairdryer 3) a lighted nook with a bench and suitcase stands where you could set up your luggage without it making the room look untidy 4) Free coffee and granola bars (!) for breakfast 5) huge lawns with flowers and a walk down to the brook
Yes, the young couple who just bought the place were a bit informal and unprofessional --and very friendly but who cares?

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2008

Stayed here for two nights in the Fall of 2007. A 12-year-old boy checked us in. That can't be legal.
The room was full of quirks. The mattress was lopsided and horribly uncomfortable. There was no alarm clock in the room. The light in the bathroom wasn't working. We had to ask for new soap when we arrived, as maid service didn't bother to remove the dirty used soaps left behind by the previous guest. The room looked adequately clean, but I was afraid to look too closely.
We needed an ironing board in our room, but several calls to the office did not help us. When we finally went to the office to wait for someone to give us an ironing board, we received a broken board with legs that wouldn't stay propped up. We saw the manager tossed in the dumpster the next day.
When we left, the manager tried to charge us more than he originally quoted us. Beware of hidden fees.
The price seemed like a bargain from afar, but I would not stay here again.

1  Thank Anacrusic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Farmington
Colonial Valley  Motel
Colonial Valley Motel
#1 of 3 in Farmington

Been to Farmington Motel? Share your experiences!