“Great back deck, fun, casual atmosphere, good food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Conundrum
Ranked #21 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Great back deck, fun, casual atmosphere, good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

loved the cheese plate, and the goat cheese bruchetta. The fish tacos were awesome - done a little differently with blackened Mahi Mahi. Entree salad was delicious too!

Visited July 2014

Kelowna, Canada
“Perfect patio dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The food was fresh and the atmosphere upscale casual (?) We loved sitting outside and enjoyed our cocktail and especially our appetizer. Waiter friendly and helpful, but not in the way. Great place to celebrate our anniversary.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank travelwithpoodle
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gotta love Vinny....and his food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

While waiting for the hostess to seat us, my wife is eyeing the very welcoming enclosed patio and I'm checking out the array of draft beers. Vinny appears ( me thinking bartender, actually the owner) and.....

V. - Which kind of beer tastes best to you? An IPA? An ale? A stout?
Me - An ale but to the darker side.
V. - Hmm-m-m..... How about I pour a range of samples and you have your own taste test?
Me - Let's do it!

I swear I had not been in Conundrum more than 5 minutes and had a pint of wonderful, local beer in my hand. Even better was his taking my wife through the same journey, except with a selection of red wines.

Vinny has that passion that you hope/want to see in a restaurant owner and was just delightful.

Then came the food....... Wow! First, we shared a bowl of the lobster mac and cheese as an appetizer which is perfect for a party of four. Although it was listed as an entree, we ordered it as an appetizer. Very creamy and perfect with a bacon flavor as a teaser. Our table of four shared the salmon (fantastic sauce!) and the duck (lots of yummmms) and the fish tacos (Yikes yummy!) and a lobster roll (which my wife refused to share!)

Oh-h-h.........then the desserts! Lemon pie and a chocolate creme de pot.....shared by four. A perfect ending!

Off the tourist driven beaten path but well worth the extra 2 miles (?), Conundrum is a local treasure!

• Visited July 2014
beaufort, sc
“Lobster Mac and Cheese - a don't miss!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was on a mission to eat lobster at every opportunity, this time that opportunity presented itself in the form of lobster mac and cheese. It was beyond yummy and enough for my friend and I to share and have just enough room to contemplate dessert, which we finally decided against in deference to our waistlines. Great service, good wine and a most enjoyable experience!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank happyfeet51
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Local Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Before heading up further North in Maine, I made a pit stop in Freeport for a day of shopping. My wish was to eat at a bar in a friendly environment and TripAdvisor assisted in my decision. The staff and locals could not have been more friendly and the food far surpassed my expectations. I choose the Lobster Mac 'n Cheese which came in such a huge serving with huge pieces of lobster to match. Fortunately for me this dish would be removed from the menu. A couple of the locals ordered an order to go rather than miss out on this tasty treat.

If you are adults traveling for pleasure or business, please do yourself a favor and forget the uptown restaurants and stop here.

• Visited June 2014