“Broad menu: Probably better to eat in & stick with the pizza”
Review of Antonia's Pizzeria

Antonia's Pizzeria
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Freeport
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were staying across the street, hanging out at the pool so ordered to go a number of things to go: 2 pizzas, salad, nachos, and chicken fingers. After we got the order back to the hotel, we noted the chicken fingers were missing. We called and were promised the missing part of the order would be delivered in 5-10 minutes. They did show up about 20 mins later with no level of apology for missing this part of the order or being late...

The 2 pizzas were good with plentiful toppings and good flavor. The rest: only so-so. The chicken was dry, not really hot and pretty generic (no dipping sauces provided). The nachos were overwhelmed with olives. The salad rather bland.

Bottom line: Go for the pizza and don't do take out

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Good greek pizza place. They make decent pizza, decent meals, reasonably priced. Owners are strict with help, so things tend to be consistent. I've never had a bad meal. I get the pizza or the Lasagna. Both are PLENTY and cooked to perfection. Best Pizza in Freeport by far. THe place is upscale for a pizza place in Maine. Always clean. Always prompt. It's a little awkward if you don't know the routine...you can order take out or sit and eat from the counter, or you can sit in the bar area (not too bar-y)..and get waitress service. We ALWAYS get waitress service. If you have kids and want the main dining room and service, they can accommodate. They will usually accommodate any requests they possibly can. SUPER friendly folks and good food. Great for visitors and locals alike.
Like LDL61 said when the owners are away.....the service does suffer, you definitely know when the owners are away. It's sad that people don't take their jobs seriously enough to continue when the boss is out...

1  Thank Mainah65
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were in nearby Brunswick for a musical. Since most restaurants in the area close by 10:00p we were looking for something that was still open. Antonia's website says open until 11:00p. We drove there and went to the front door. It was 10:30p and one of the workers was busy mopping the entryway. Now, maybe you're still open or maybe you're not, but I'm not coming in if you're mopping the entry and cleaning tables for the night. I'm just not.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have eaten here several times and really enjoy the Pizza for dinner. A really good Pizza in a friendly atmosphere. Excellent service too.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I ordered the quesillidea, open-face, on a gluten-free pizza crust, since I had previously been told by the owner that the tortillas they use are not GF. The owner is very conscientious, but is away for the summer. Whenever she is away, we notice both the service & the quality suffer. This time, the quesadilla was delivered to my table served open-face, on a flour tortilla. I asked another server to please find our waitress for us. She asked if there was anything she could help with. I expressed my concern that I didn't receive what I ordered and that I had a gluten allergy. She tried to reassure me that it was served on a corn tortilla that was gluten free. I told her I was unaware that they had changed their product. I asked her to please send our waitress over. When I expressed my concern about my allergy to her, she told me she would check with the chef. Several minutes later, she returned and said the chef had showed her the package and assures me it is made of corn.
She did offer to make me something else at that point. wanting to save time, however, I asked if she could show me the packaging to assure me that it was gluten free. It did not look or feel like corn. She said that would take several minutes. And again offered I could order something else.by this time, my dining partner was nearly done eating and the restaurant was getting busier. So I decided to wait and follow up on the ingredients, hopeful we could resolve my concern. 10 or 15 minutes later, she reappeared with an unlabeled plastic bag with what appeared to be large thin flour tortillas. She and the chef were apparently totally unaware of the difference between flour and corn. This was highly concerning , given that they were trying to reassure me that it was safe to eat when in fact it wasn't.
If you have a gluten intolerance or allergy, beware! We have been long-time patrons of this restaurant and love the food generally. But we will probably wait until Antonia returns in September to go back.