“I'll visit again and again. These guys get how to run an Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Applewood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Freeport
Applewood Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Freeport B&B and Inns
“I'll visit again and again. These guys get how to run an Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Kids loved the suite with the loft. The breakfast was excellent and the coffee just to my liking. Facilities were first rate and the location is right in Town backing on LL Bean. What sets this place apart is the people who run it. They work hard to satisfy and go above and beyond to make our vacation pressure free.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

The Applewood Inn is spotlessly clean and lovely. It's a small family owned business, which makes it very special. I must rave about the delicious breakfasts (the best French toast ever) and helpful staff. In ten days it was a "home away from home".

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Our 2nd stay in Freeport and 1st at the Applewood. We had a great time with a lovely family! Our room was great and clean. Aircon was dropped in as soon as the temperature got up.Everyone went out of their way to help us. Very recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jasonmark
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Because I was picking up my girlfriend late at night from the train station we decided that we wanted to stay at a place close by rather than drive all the way back up to bar Harbor that night.
I started making calls late at night and Jay was definitely the most helpful and friendly person i got on the phone.
Jay and his family were warm and welcoming, the room was large clean and very comfortable, and if we had been there for shopping in Freeport the location can't be better.
I give sea kayak tours in Bar Harbor and Jay and i exchanged stories and ideas about running tourist related businesses in Maine.
Small locally owned independent businesses with hands on owners is part of what Maine is all about. You would be much better off staying at the Applewood than one of the larger motels or hotels especially if you are looking for a romantic atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

This inn is extremely overpriced and is infected with bed bugs!! The owners are rude and stuck up and are verbally abusive to their poor children.. There are wonderful places located in the heart of freeport that put this establishment to shame. Beware Jays overly happy and fake exterior, when I complained about the bug situation I was disrespected and refused a refund!! Don't be fooled!!

• Stayed January 2012
8 Thank cbrendan14
Central PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

We made the last minute decision to spend a night in Freeport, and when I called Jay, he was extremely accommodating. And from the moment we arrived, everything about our stay was superb. The room was clean, comfortable and lacked nothing. The location is close to all the shopping and dining you could want in Freeport. And their breakfast was perfect--we had a choice between several options and all were delicious. We ended up extending our stay an extra night because we found the place and the family so enjoyable.

I cannot recommend this inn too highly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Yuma, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I had never stayed at an inn before so I took the opportunity to stay at Applewood. I found it at www.freeportUSA.com. It is a family run business, and the family is delightful. I was the first one down to breakfast so I hung out with Papa JAY while he cooked. We were served the entire menu unless we declined something. We were offered an omelet, French toast, country fries, fruit, juice and coffee. The breakfast group included four people from Italy, a couple from Georgia and me. Conversation was lively before we all left for our day's plans.
My accommodations were quite spacious. The front half of the second floor was all mine. The linens were bright and comfortable. The bed was snuggly. There was a seating arrangement in front of the bay window. There were four windows if you count the one in the bathroom. Everything was clean and fresh.
I live in the AZ desert so I really enjoyed the cool weather and the rain (I was there in Oct.). The next time I am in Freeport, I intend to stay at Applewood. I will pick a slightly warmer and drier time so that I can open the windows and enjoy the breezes.
If you are looking for the warmth and personal touch of staying in a home as opposed to cookie-cutter motels/hotels, this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo