“Love this Inn!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Applewood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Freeport
Applewood Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Freeport B&B and Inns
Richmond VA
“Love this Inn!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Applewood Inn for two nights and loved it! The rooms are so comfortable, clean, and have all of the amentities of a hotel (but better towels and warmer decor). The owners Jay and Jenn are so sweet and made great recommendations for places to eat and things to do. Breakfast each morning was outstanding. Because it is actually in downtown Freeport, it is in walking distance to all of the Freeport shops, including LLBean. We only used the car once to go into Portland!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I visited Maine for a Wedding and at the last minute decided to take additional family members with me. I was concerned with traveling with my young children (1 and 4) and my parents, but I luckily called the Applewood and they had a wonderful suite with a loft available. Comfortably slept 2 couples plus 2 children in the suite. Breakfast was delicious every morning. The owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and my son had a blast playing with their children as well. I look forward to coming back again.
I can't understand how anyone could give the Inn a bad review.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
memphis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2008

I would not recommend this Inn to anyone! The exterior paint was chipped away and the Inn is right next to a noisy High School with buses and kids passing by all day. The owners were no place to be had during our stay if you needed anything or had a question. We were told the bedding was romantic and Ralph Lauren decorated. This may have been true but the sheets were faded and aged about five years. There are so many other beautiful Inns in Freeport to spend that kind of money. Do your research and enjoy this lovely town from a different Inn.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — spending my money on a room.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank godog
Buena Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2008

Wonderfully hospitable owners! Delicious breakfast!

Me and my wife have been having a little roadtrip for our honeymoon as we were just married... and this was a wonderful little haven to rest our tired adventurous bodies.

I would recommend this Inn to anyone!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DorkSam
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2008

We arrived in Freeport, Maine on a Saturday afternoon in August (the busy season) without a reservation. I would not recommend this. We went to the visitor center and got brochures and started calling places. A usually inexpensive chain hotel, had a room at $299., which I wasn't willing to pay. We called lots of places and feel blessed to find the Applewood Inn. Not only did they have a room, but the innkeeper upgraded us to a larger room for $160. We had a beautiful and comfortable room and with a large, upscale bath. The LL Bean stores are directly behind the Inn and you can cut through an opening in the fence to get there. The breakfast was great, you could order from several choices. We had the cheese omelet and it was wonderful. The young man who greeted us and showed us to our room was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this to anyone who can climb stairs.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank travlingal51