“Great Central location, Great Hospitality!”
Review of Applewood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Freeport
Applewood Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Freeport B&B and Inns
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Central location, Great Hospitality!”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

My adult daughter and I recently traveled to Maine to see the fall colors. Applewood Inn was a perfect place for use to stay. It is centrally located so we could go from Salem to Camden on day trips. Jay was a perfect host, served a great breakfast and helped give suggestions for our day trips. The Inn is beautiful, clean and very comfortable. Met some great people including his mom who stopped in to say hi. If you're in to shopping it is in the center of town where all the outlet malls are located. All in all we would definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Maine.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Jay and Jen know what they are doing. The place is a well oiled machine, with clean attractive rooms and the right amount of attention. The breakfasts are consistent and tasty and ready when you need them and the location is extremely convenient. These guys also make an incredible lobster roll and hot dogs they sell at their well known stands in town.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 3 November 2009

It was very noisy. School buses and kids were running around all day. There were also many dogs and dog droppings everywhere. Too expensive. There is a chain hotel nearby that I would go next time.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank privateadams
Richmond VA
Reviewed 3 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Applewood Inn for two nights and loved it! The rooms are so comfortable, clean, and have all of the amentities of a hotel (but better towels and warmer decor). The owners Jay and Jenn are so sweet and made great recommendations for places to eat and things to do. Breakfast each morning was outstanding. Because it is actually in downtown Freeport, it is in walking distance to all of the Freeport shops, including LLBean. We only used the car once to go into Portland!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I visited Maine for a Wedding and at the last minute decided to take additional family members with me. I was concerned with traveling with my young children (1 and 4) and my parents, but I luckily called the Applewood and they had a wonderful suite with a loft available. Comfortably slept 2 couples plus 2 children in the suite. Breakfast was delicious every morning. The owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and my son had a blast playing with their children as well. I look forward to coming back again.
I can't understand how anyone could give the Inn a bad review.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
memphis
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I would not recommend this Inn to anyone! The exterior paint was chipped away and the Inn is right next to a noisy High School with buses and kids passing by all day. The owners were no place to be had during our stay if you needed anything or had a question. We were told the bedding was romantic and Ralph Lauren decorated. This may have been true but the sheets were faded and aged about five years. There are so many other beautiful Inns in Freeport to spend that kind of money. Do your research and enjoy this lovely town from a different Inn.

• Liked — Leaving.
  • Disliked — spending my money on a room.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank godog
Buena Park
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Wonderfully hospitable owners! Delicious breakfast!

Me and my wife have been having a little roadtrip for our honeymoon as we were just married... and this was a wonderful little haven to rest our tired adventurous bodies.

I would recommend this Inn to anyone!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DorkSam