Harraseeket Inn
US$108
US$99
QualityInn
US$217
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$180
US$206
Candlebay Inn(Freeport)
US$162
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$195
1,021 results
All reviewsafternoon teabroad arrow tavernmaine dining roomthe main dining roomturn down servicecarriage housedrawing roombreakfast buffetll beanprime ribfire pitlobsternew englandjacuzzi tubthe entire staffindoor pooloatmeal
Reviewed 5 November 2012

There is a big difference between "quaint" and tired. This Inn is tired. We paid a premium for a room with a fireplace and jacuzzi bath. The Internet didn't work in the room, and the room needed updating. The television was 20 years old and too small for the room. The refreshments placed out for the afternoon tea were tasty, but the atmosphere was lacking. Music would have been nice. The free breakfast buffet was terrific with lots of choices, but we were given a bill (zeroed out) to sign, I suppose in case we wanted to leave a tip. Overall,the Inn is overpriced for the experience. We were there off season and paid over $300/night.

Room Tip: Choose a standard room, not those that cost extra.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JWC87
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

We're so sorry your experience wasn't more enjoyable. We have complimentary wi-fi in all our rooms and it should have worked in yours. I hope you brought it to our attention during your stay. The "old fashioned" TV's have mostly been replaced with flat screens but you obviously got one of the soon-to-be-replaced antiques. Again, our apologies. Our mascot Bowdoin College polar bear should have been playing the grand piano at tea! Thank you for bringing these problems to our attention. We really depend on guest feedback to know where we need to improve, and your critiques will be addressed and remedied! Best regards from the Gray family.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I stayed in October of this year, our first trip to Maine. We have stayed in VT regularly and decided that this was a similar experience - and just as charming.
The Inn was extremely nice, as was our room. It was very clean and the staff very helpful. We were only staying for one night moving northward the next day, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Freeport is a great little town to explore - and of course it houses the enormous explorers paradise - the ''LL Bean'' store - which is another must-see.

Room Tip: Cleanliness is a must - read the other reviews. We've found them to be pretty accurate. If there are hotel room maps - avoid 'ice machines' which are noisy, same with a/c unites or even stairs access which the housekeeping staff might use! Higher levels rather than lower ones where there might be a function going on which might disturb your sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you! It's high praise to be compared to those charming Vermont inns!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Overall a good experience but overpriced for the quality of the room. I did want to express my frustration with the reservation department. I had checked availability on line and found a queen sized room available for 159. So I called the hotel directly and asked for a queen room and assumed that there "best rate" guarantee would get me the 159 room. I was told no such room was available. I then agreed to book a room with a king bed at 259 (ouch!) so I was assurred to have a room for the night I wanted. The day after I booked the room I checked on line again and two rooms were available at the 159 rate. So when I received my confirmation for the 259 room by email I responded with a nicely worded email asking that when I check in that someone explain to me what is going on. Upon arrival nothing was mentioned so I just gave up. Bottom line is I cannot trust the hotel to honor their web guarantee and therefore would never stay there again. In fairness as is evidenced by my rating the experience was overall satisfactory but I will not let the same dog bit me twice and never return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

We're so sorry about your reservation mishaps. My resident manager still hasn't been able to find the $159. room rate you found on-line and we're baffled as to how to explain this one. If you could give us a call at 1-800-342-6423 we'd like to get more information so we can get to the bottom of this. If you found that rate on-line, we should be honoring it!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was my second trip to the Harraseeket and I was as impressed as the first time. The Harraseeket gives you the feel of a small, country inn but with world class hotel service and amenities. The staff is amazing. They are friendly, helpful and courteous. Steve, at the front desk, was great. The room was clean, updated and comfortable. The included afternoon tea in the drawing room is a great way to relax after shopping. There were different tea choices, hot cider, cookies, brownies, fruit, cheese, finger sandwiches and other pastries. Delicious! The included breakfast is also very good. It is buffet style and there are many choices. It's a great way to start off the day. I highly recommend the Harraseeket when visiting the Freeport area. It's cozy ambiance, helpful staff, wonderful food and proximity to downtown Freeport make it the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for a great review! Steve is walking on air.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We gave the hotel a second chance and stayed in the carriage House, very pleasant room, very quite and clean. Front desk very helpful with local area attractions, service at restaurant a little slow, but overall a very pleasant stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Thank you so much for giving us a second chance. No matter how hard we try, sometimes things don't go as planned, and for those times we apologize. Trip Advisor has proven to be a great forum for our guests to give us the feedback we need to keep on top of our game. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we're glad we measured up on your latest stay!