We were in the carriage house with a dog and appreciated the extra touches: dog treats, frisbee, food and water bowl and mat. The advertised clean mat cover was not provided. The door to the carriage house has a non-functioning lock.
Our room needed work to make it fresher and hypoallergenic. Carpet should be removed and replaced with hardwood or a surface that can be kept cleaner. Two windows would not stay up (opened) and wood moulding on one of the windows was broken. The mattress was very soft.
Afternoon tea and the included buffet breakfast are lovely touches and the grounds are beautiful.
Dinner in the restaurant was elegantly prepared and served. There was a bit of attitude from the maître-d' who seemed a put off by our request for an unreserved table different from the one he chose,
We went to the indoor pool in the morning , but found it uninviting because the pool room felt like a sauna. The adjacent workout area has up-to-date exercise machines, but a very limited capacity because it is quite small and on this day was too humid.
The unsecured runners on the carpet to the pool area are a possible hazard.
Front desk staff we encountered were efficient but did not solicit comments about our stay.
Overall, considering the price of our accommodations, we would rate our experience as average minus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn in Freeport,Maine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Harraseeket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harraseeket Hotel Freeport
- Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine