We stayed at the Harraseeket Inn over the Fourth of July weekend. Overall, the inn is a delightful lodging. It is pretty, well-kept, and offers afternoon snacks in a fireplaced common room. The breakfast is good: it's a complete buffet featuring, of course, Maine blueberry muffins, which rival the original Jordan Marsh ones (best on earth).
The rooms are large, but they lack adequate lighting as well as enough outlets. (We had to charge a cell phone in the bathroom). We had an immense soaking tub, and the soaps were of high quality. The chairs in the bedroom could have used a lot more padding in the seats. Also, if you like to sleep in a dark room so as not to be awakened by light, know that there was only a translucent liner between the stationary drapery panels.
The bed was clothed in sateen sheets, which were nice and soft. Unfortunately, so was the bed. Had we been staying longer, we would have requested a bed board.
Turndown service missed us one night .
In short, the Harraseeket Inn is a lovely property, but it is a bit "tired" and could use some refurbishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn in Freeport,Maine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Harraseeket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harraseeket Hotel Freeport
- Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine