My wife and I visited Freeport Maine for the very first time in order to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary as well as attend a friends wedding in town. We stayed for two nights and found the accomodations comfortable. One small issue we encountered while relaxing in our room during our stay was the uninvited intrusion by about a dozen or so Lady Bugs. Most likely they found their way into our room through a worn out insulation strip beneath the (balcony type) door that provides a nice view of the river and foliage during the daylight hours. There is no balcony, but when the door is opened, a wood safety railing secured to the door casing prevents you from exiting the room. One other issue we encountered on the morning we checked out, was a noticeable drop in water pressure and temperature as we were getting ourselves ready to depart. My wife ended up with a cold shower which was very unpleasant. We did not experience this the previous morning. When I mentioned it to the front desk clerk upon checkout, I was provided with an apology and the assurance that a maintenance worker would be instructed to look into the matter. Overall, the hotel provided a good nights rest in our King-Sized bed and the room was clean and warm during the cold fall nights. We would stay at this establishment again if we ever find ourselves needing a place to stay in Freeport in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to this Freeport, Maine hotel offering comfortable and affordable accommodations near L.L. Bean, Freeport Outlets and Bowdoin College. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn where the staff is friendly, the service is impeccable and where the accommodations are family friendly and affordable. Nestled on 25 acres of quiet lush marsh, this hotel offers convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around Freeport. Guests staying at this Freeport Best Western hotel will enjoy a non-traditional, two building property featuring some guest rooms with beautiful river views, all equipped with cable television, and free high-speed Internet access. Dining is made easy at the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn with two restaurants located right on-site. Guests are welcome to take a refreshing dip in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool or enjoy some family fun on the children's playground. Pets are welcome at this Freeport hotel.There is no better lodging choice than the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn when visiting Freeport, Maine. Guests to this Freeport hotel can enjoy a day of shopping at nearby L.L. Bean and the Freeport Outlets complete with over 100 plus brand name outlet stores. Located in the mid coast region of Maine, guests will certainly not be short of activities to enjoy including playing golf or exploring the local sites like Winslow Park and Portland Headlight Lighthouse. Bowdoin College is located nearby making the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn the perfect place to stay while visiting students. Guests often choose to stay at this Freeport hotel because of its convenient proximity to area events such as the Clam Festival and Lobster Triathlon. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn is ready to ensure an enjoyable stay in Freeport, Maine. Make a reservation today and save! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Freeport Hotel Freeport
- Best Western Freeport Hotel
- Freeport Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn Maine