We visited family in the area and stayed three nights with our small dog. The hotel is an older hotel, and has many vacationers from Canada that stop by for an overnight stay.
The floors do creek and you can hear through the ceiling and walls (we were on the second floor of the main hotel). That being said, i was still able to rest well each night.
The infrastructure has been maintained, but the age of the facility can be seen in areas like the bathroom, where the sink drain was a slow drain and the baseboard was discolored near the bathtub/shower. Carpets had stains in various areas.
The cleaning personnel do a nice job. Brittany kept the bedding fresh and room cleaned.
We appreciated the dog friendly status of this property- well worth the extra $10 per night.
Days Clamshack next door was excellent.
Would return again - rate was $80 per day plus dog fee and tax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to this Freeport, Maine hotel offering comfortable and affordable accommodations near L.L. Bean, Freeport Outlets and Bowdoin College. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn where the staff is friendly, the service is impeccable and where the accommodations are family friendly and affordable. Nestled on 25 acres of quiet lush marsh, this hotel offers convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around Freeport. Guests staying at this Freeport Best Western hotel will enjoy a non-traditional, two building property featuring some guest rooms with beautiful river views, all equipped with cable television, and free high-speed Internet access. Dining is made easy at the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn with two restaurants located right on-site. Guests are welcome to take a refreshing dip in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool or enjoy some family fun on the children's playground. Pets are welcome at this Freeport hotel.There is no better lodging choice than the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn when visiting Freeport, Maine. Guests to this Freeport hotel can enjoy a day of shopping at nearby L.L. Bean and the Freeport Outlets complete with over 100 plus brand name outlet stores. Located in the mid coast region of Maine, guests will certainly not be short of activities to enjoy including playing golf or exploring the local sites like Winslow Park and Portland Headlight Lighthouse. Bowdoin College is located nearby making the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn the perfect place to stay while visiting students. Guests often choose to stay at this Freeport hotel because of its convenient proximity to area events such as the Clam Festival and Lobster Triathlon. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn is ready to ensure an enjoyable stay in Freeport, Maine. Make a reservation today and save! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Freeport Hotel Freeport
- Best Western Freeport Hotel
- Freeport Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Freeport Inn Maine