“Keep going...”

Best Western Freeport Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Upon check in, I unloaded my stuff, freshened up and left for a meeting. I came back a few hours later to find another guest in my room! My stuff was removed and no one knew what happened. As a result,I unknowingly woke her up and disrupted her looking for my stuff. After contacting the front desk- they stated I was in the wrong room! I was there on the wrong day etc! What? They programmed my key! I then had to get my things from them and re-unload now late late in the evening! Which required driving back and forth from the office. No apology, no attempt at correcting their mistake! They messed up! At first they stated they had no room for me, but then found one. I will not be back!! I was not to blame for the wrong room. How does this happen??

Room Tip: Customer service very very poor! Gave me a room, then gave it to another person. Leaving me in the p...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamie G
There are newer reviews for Best Western Freeport Inn

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Staff was Awesome, gave us aloe for our sunburns and recommended a great restaurant for the fam. Had cookies for the kids too. Lobby is separate from rooms and New England style decor. Room was larger than most and had window you could actually open for fresh air. Room was very clean, even behind the beds. Had a Keurig and recycle bin, which was cool. Outside pool area was very neat and clean and had a deep end. Did not feel like a chain hotel. WiFi was not good at night when alot of people were using I assume, but did not mind. Only wish breakfast was available.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had an amazing stay here. We were in Freeport for a few nights to get away, and we enjoyed everything at this hotel. It was different how the hotel was divided, with us having to get back in the car and drive to the other part of the hotel across the stream. We didn't mind though because there was a restaurant on that side, which was very delicious. We were lucky to have beautiful weather so we could enjoy the outdoor swimming pool. All in all, I'll be staying here again on my next visit to Freeport (which I'm hoping is soon!)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a great location to explore the south-central coast of Maine. Staff could not have been nicer or more professional. The common areas are definitely dated and the rooms could use freshening. Would I stay here again...ABSOLUTELY!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked this hotel for a one night stay whilst travelling north from Boston. I have to say that i only have positive things to say about our stay. We arranged a later check in due to flight times, this was no hassle. The complex is split over two sites, approx 1/4mi between each. I would suggest that if it was a larger hotel you would probably spend the same time in the elevator and corridors as you do hopping back in the car and over to the other building.

The fact that there is no connected restaurant was not an issue there is perfectly situated diner/cafe on site. A discount (15%) is offered to those guests staying at the hotel.

I would suggest that if your looking for a simple no nonsense overnight then this is a perfect location. Close to junctions off 295 it's easy to find. I must say that after a long day travelling from the UK it was a very comfortable undisturbed night sleep. The rooms were not modern but offered everything you would require. I will have no hesitation rebooking for the next time I am over there for vacation.

I read people were complaining about the smell of the salt marsh. I didn't think there was any real odour at least not one that was offensive in any way, shape or form.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel did not have a restaurant, but a shack outside which looked more like a diner, and which was a bit below par. As I was in the annex down the road (a little bit more than walking distance), I had to drive to supper, drive back to the room, drive to the cafe for breakfast, drive back to the hotel for check-out - all this driving should earn me a discount, which is not reflected in the price. In addition there was no stopper in the sink - this was not an error - the sink was made that way - I could only shave with running water, which does no good for the hotel's water bill, I imagine. When I mentioned this at check-out, I was told I could have got a rubber pad to keep the water in the sink, but this would have involved two more drives across the river. There are some issues here, I think.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dave-at-london
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Only stayed one night in July while driving through Maine so the location was ideal. We were in the main part of the property near the Cafe and outdoor swimming pool. The room was clean and comfortable if slightly dated. We ate breakfast at the Cafe and the food was good. Its a short drive to the restaurants and shops of Freeport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Quality Suites
#1 of 11 in Freeport
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#15 of 20 in Portland

Been to Best Western Freeport Inn? Share your experiences!