“Meet all expectations and more!”

Brewster House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Freeport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Meet all expectations and more!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The owners were very gracious and accommodating. The food was fantastic! We recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone. We enjoyed sitting out on the porch having a bottle of wine. Our room was very clean and charming.

Room Tip: They are all great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BrewsterHouseBB, Owner at Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Please come again, thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our stay at Brewster House was amazing! Mary cooked a great breakfast each day and the rooms were clean and extremely comfortable. The house was remodeled but still has a lot of vintage charm. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms roomy, the bedding soft, and the common areas are relaxing and inviting. Our trip was made extra special because of Mary. She was able to adhere to my sons many food allergies and made him special pancakes and granola in the mornings and cookies each afternoon! I was so pleased that she was able to treat him to something special! Everything was top notch, thanks Scott and Mary for a great trip to Freeport!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
It was a pleasure hosting your family, and your son was very sweet! Thanks for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed your time at Brewster House!

Mary
York, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Where to begin! It was all so enjoyable!! This place deserves 10 STARS!!

My husband and I decided to plan a trip up north for a kidless vacation. After several months of research on the areas we planned to visit, I chose Brewster House B&B for the raving reviews. I loved that they offer packages for schooner trips and such. I also love the lighthouse themed rooms. Brewster House is over the top, beautiful, lovely, and welcoming. I am so glad we chose to stay here. The innkeepers (Scott and Mary) are wonderful and inviting hosts. They are both very knowledgeable about Freeport, and all of Maine, as well as other surrounding states. Having never been in the area, it was very handy to have the local knowledge. Mary is a wonderful cook. She has an amazing ability. She leaves out homemade cookies and refreshments every afternoon that we enjoyed each day we were there. My husband has an allergy to tomatoes and I do not like berries, Mary happily accommodated us with these issues.

My husband and I wanted to take a schooner trip while visiting and Scott was happy to help plan this. He gave me all info needed to choose one and was extremely helpful. He called the day before we came in to see how our trip was so far and to inform me of more sailing information. We were not able go on the schooner trip because of weather one day and I had already planned out other things to see. I'm sure it would have been wonderful and hope to get back up to Maine some day to take a trip out on the schooner. I've been told that seeing the coast of Maine gives you a whole new perspective on the beauty of Maine.

Scott helped us carry all our luggage to our room. We stayed in room #6, also known as Portland head room. Our room was very nice and comfortable. It was only available for 2 nights of our stay so we booked room #1 for our last night stay. Room 1 is smaller, but also very inviting, cozy, nice, and comfortable with a very nice big bathroom. We enjoyed the comforts of both rooms very much. Because we had to move rooms, it meant we had to move luggage. They did not want us to miss out on our plans for the day so once our new room was clean, Scott and Mary moved our luggage for us while we were out.

Scott and Mary have put so much thought and detail into their B&B. From the wine glasses and wine cork remover, to the refrigerators throughout the house, and the soft, fluffy towels in our rooms, also the souvenirs of Brewster House (mugs, Christmas ornaments, soap dishes, ect), it felt like being at home. They also have a variety of wines to purchase and enjoy while staying there.
He and Mary really went out of their way to make sure we had the best possible trip. I certainly wish we lived closer because I would come here all the time, every visit. I do hope to get up to Maine again someday and when I do, I will be staying at Brewster House without even considering another place. When we left, both Scott and Mary gave us a hug and thanked us for staying with them.

THANK YOU Scott and Mary for such a lovely and memorable vacation!!!
James and I cannot wait to revisit you in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
That lovely review was alot of work! Glad we were able to share some Yankee hospitality. Next time, bring your kids with you and stay in one of the 2 bedroom suites! Thanks again for your kindnesses.
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to the Brewster House and it won't be my last. Scott and Mary are the best hosts. The attention to detail is like no other. When you arrive you are greeted by the hosts and taken to your room where your name is on the door! The rooms are just perfect. Immaculately clean and the decor is just beautiful. Mary has added her touch to all the rooms making them so warm and welcoming. My first visit was in the late fall so the fireplace was delightful. This time it was so nice to open all the huge windows in the room. The bathroom is nicer than mine with all with all the amenities you would need. The breakfasts are amazing every time. My friend and I had informed them ahead of time that we were gluten free and Mary made the best breakfasts I have had at any restaurant. The first morning was a creamy frittata, fresh fruit and a delicious gluten free blueberry muffin. The second morning was gluten free french toast, bacon, and lemon drop eggs - amazing! As far as things to do, Scott took care of all of it, from booking golf reservations for my husband, to making our dinner reservations, and suggesting and reserving reservations on a sunset/super moon schooner cruise! This could not have been better. Please go stay with them if you are in the area. Tell them Leslie sent you!

Stayed August 2014
Leslie, please come back, it was so fun seeing you guys enjoy yourselves and relaxing, as you did!

Yours,
Scott & Mary
Foxboro
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Brewster House and I wish we could have stayed longer. Mary greeted me as soon as I arrived and could not have been nicer. Scott joined us soon after, and we had a wonderful conversation. Scott even offered to pick my husband up from the train station when he arrived in Maine. The room, #1 was lovely with a big king size bed which was so comfortable. The bathroom was huge and had the bayberry soap, which smelled amazing!! Mary and Scott recommended some restaurants, which we ate at and the food was very good. Besides a lovely room and wonderful owners the breakfasts that Mary and Scott prepare and serve are FABULOUS!! We had first had warm peaches with cinnamon, coffee, upside down french toast with bacon and everything was absolutely delicious!!!
We had to leave early after our second night and Mary made sure we had some breakfast by preparing yoghurt with fresh fruit, muffins and coffee in to-go cups.
The location is excellent as you can walk to the downtown and do lots of shopping and walk back to drop off bags when you have shopped too much!!
This is an awesome place to stay that has wonderful owners who really care about making your stay enjoyable.
We will definetely be back to the Brewster House!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
It's great to know our guests appreciate that attention we pay to detail! Thanks for taking the time to share your generous comments.

Mary Gile
Shirley
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you are near the Freeport area, this is the place to go. We just spent a short vacation in Maine and had a delightful stay at the Brewster House. Mary and Scott are fabulous innkeepers offering the best of hospitality. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast and afternoon treats were delicious. Perfect location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much! Come back and play with us again!

Scott & Mary
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our 3 night stay was far too short for us at the Brewster House Bed and Breakfast. Mary and Scott are the ultimate innkeepers. We were in the West Quoddy Room (#3) and liked it very much. Lots of space for luggage, roomy bathroom with 2 windows facing the main street and along the side. The fan in the room kept us cool and only used the a/c for a few hours. Linens and towels are so luxurious. They have a wonderful porch and we sat there in the morning awaiting breakfast with a cup of coffee (keurig) from our room and then in the evening with a glass of wine.
Mary's breakfasts are second to none and Scott can give you many ideas for activities and excellent restaurant suggestions. He steered us toward the Tuscan which we enjoyed so much we went twice (mussels are amazing) and Azure, a little more upscale and the meal was wonderful. Golfing at Brunswick is a favourite for us and next visit we will head out to East Boothbay.
Looking forward to our next visit....

Room Tip: Check on their website as you can see the rooms and choose which suits you. West Quoddy is wonderful...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much, we're happy you enjoyed your time here! Next time, try the Bath Country Club too, very nice course!

Scott