We had the unfortunate opportunity to only get one night to experience this phenomenal bed and breakfast. Working for a luxury hotel company, my significant other and I are extremely discerning travelers, and can usually find something wrong with every place we stay. Not so at the Brewster House. The facility is well maintained, immaculately appointed and spotlessly clean. Scott and Ruth have added neat touches like a hot-water maker in each room for tea, make-up removal kits in the bathroom, and even have their own custom soap and shampoo! Being on the cusp of summer we were concerned about heat and humidity, but an air conditioner was in the room. And, there was free wi-fi throughout the house (something I can't even get for free when staying at my own hotels).
Breakfast was unique and home-made, served in a well-appointed dining room with a first course of fresh fruit and a blueberry muffin.
However, what really sets Brewster House apart are the proprietors, Ruth and Scott. They clearly make it a mission to create the very best experiences for guests at their inn. For example:
- My significant other is training for a marathon and needed to run 12 miles this morning. Off the top of his head, Scott recommended a scenic route that near perfectly matched the required mileage.
- When she got back from her run after breakfast was served, it was absolutely no problem! They were happy to serve us later, and even took time to chat with us to ensure we had company.
- You felt as though Ruth and Scott were always there if you needed anything, but never hovering to make you feel awkward.
We hope you try out this remarkable establishment and have as great a time as we did during our all too short of a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, unwind and enjoy a romantic Victorian Bed and Breakfast along the Maine Coast. Make the kind of memories that will last a lifetime, touring the coast's dramatic lighthouses, a lobster dinner in little-known coastal getaway, or shopping at over 160 stores and restaurants in Freepot, home of L.L. Bean.Indulge your romantic dreams at Brewster House. Savor a full, hot breakfast each morning, made with the freshest available ingredients, fresh ground coffee or a large selection of teas, and home-baked scones, muffins or breads, and enjoy afternoon refreshments or your choice of wine from our excellent selections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Brewster House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brewster House Bed & Breakfast Freeport, Maine