“Charming and a great value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Freeport
Maine Idyll Motor Court
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Rochester, New York, United States
“Charming and a great value”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I have been driving by Maine Idyll Motor Court for the past 16 years and after spending $150 per night at chain hotels, I decided it was time to give Maine Idyll a try.

I loved it. I specifically requested and got cabin #18 otherwise known as One Maine Pine because it was constructed with the wood of one pine tree. The setting is woodsy and rustic and the cabin was simple. The cabin had several chairs, a TV And fireplace...fridge & microwave too. The small bathroom had only a shower.

What impressed me most was the cleanliness. The cabin was spotless.

I stayed there on a rainy stormy night. I had the fireplace going, though I didn't feel too much heat from it. And the thunder and rain masked the noise from the interstate.

I will definitely be back. It was far more interesting and charming than any chain hotel and an incredible value.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank TRJ1963

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sullivan
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed here many times over the last 20 plus years and have stayed in every cabin except 16, 19 and 20 and it has always been a great experience. Over the years I have stayed here with a wide variety of people, my mother, husband, toddler(later teen-ager, now adult daughter), my sister(who only stays in high end hotels) loved it here and always plans a stay when she comes to Maine, girls week-ends, with 3 lab mix dogs, with a cat, and sometimes I just come by myself to hang out and relax. Rooms have always been clean and I love that each cabin has its own personality.
If you love chain hotels and the amenities they provide, Maine Idyll may not be for you. If you
are looking for a unique lodging opportunity, give this charming retreat a try.

Room Tip: My personal favorites are 14 and One Maine Pine but they all have their own pluses and minuses.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Marcy K
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here the end of last summer in a 2 bedroom cabin. It was my husband and daughter and I in one room that had a full size bed and twin and my in-laws in the other room that had a queen bed. It was awesome! We had such a great time! The breakfast in the morning was such a treat! We didnt really notice the noise at all but then again we live in Boston! LOL! It is close to everything! The check in area also has amazing artwork by someone I think who works there. We are looking forward to going back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bconn79
Stoddard, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My grandmother suggested this place to me and my family because we had a lot of relative staying at her house from out of state for the yarmouth clam festable .Not to far from Yarmouth, downtown Freeport, or Brunswick.you can go on their web site to pick which one fits your needs, Like some have ac,bathtub ,shower,mini refergrator,1-2-3 beds etc..Nice rustic peace and quite. most have tv,wi/fi,on chilly night nice little fire place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mark677108
Toronto
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Beautiful little cottages in the woods minutes away from Freeport. The continental breakfast was incredibly delicious but the host was not very friendly. Is a little noisy with the freeway right beside it. If you have two couples and share a two bedroom cottage it's a fantastic deal.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a cottage as far away from the cottage as you can.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Guncho
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here during peak season in July. I was given a simple cabin, which I was fine with until I walked
Through the door! This place was dirty on fridge. In the bathroom, on the ceiling. Everywhere the was dirt or mold. And it disgusted me. Find a cleaner Place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tf3333
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Perfect cottages nestled in the trees, enjoy the view from a rocking chair on the veranda, away from the shopping for a while and be with nature.Stone fireplaces and natural wood interiors add to the cozy !Rooms are spotless and rustic with everything you'll ever need, and don't forget the fresh baked pastries in the morning.Added plus, no phone! We try to escape to Idyll twice a year summer and fall, October trees are spectacular.Try it once, you'll be back like us!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are quieter, but we choose the back to listen to the travellers on the highway an...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sherbear07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Comfort Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Travelers Inn
Travelers Inn
#2 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to Maine Idyll Motor Court? Share your experiences!