“We go back again & again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maine Idyll Motor Court

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Freeport
Maine Idyll Motor Court
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Chestertown, Maryland
“We go back again & again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We LOVE this place. The only drawback at all is that it isn't further up the coast away from Freeport - which is just too durn full of tourists! Otherwise, it's like a corner of Heaven. The fireplace in our cabin (#3) was terrific - and wood supply was ample. The staff is helpful and friendly. There is enough kitchen equipment supplied that we bring along only a few items when we intend to cook in the cabin. We often cook in the fireplace as I am a hearth cooking enthusiast. There are many nearby restaurants and a good lobster place at Haraseeket. And if you like shopping (we don't) there is Freeport w/ its so-called outlets. Price is fair considering location and amenities. Please - do not ever change a thing!

Room Tip: Route 1 is right outside & sounds loud during the day, no problem sleeping at night however.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelingDiner1967

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I found Idyll Motor Court by random search on the net.We knew immediately from reading the description it was the place we were looking for.We were tired of having to cope with drunks and squabbling couples at some of the local mainstream motels/hotels in Freeport.We gave Idyll a try 6 years ago and have been back every year since.Whether it was concerts in Portland or shopping trips in Freeport we are enamored with the Court.We try to get cabin # 3 every year as it has twin queen beds, a fire place as well as a large flatscreen with cable .The cabin is neat,clean,and orderly with a kitchenette.The other guests also enjoyed the clean,quiet,rustic surroundings.People freely socialize,kids have a place to play and owners clean up after their dogs.There's always homemade goodies and hot coffee for the guests in the morning too.The in season rate we paid was considerably more than reasonable compared to in town rates.My wife and I totally relax and feel at ease there and we immediately are overjoyed upon arrival.Our favorite experience is to make a fire in the fireplace on a cool rainy night after a spell in the rocking chairs on the front porch.We consider Maine Idyll a home away from home.

Room Tip: Check the website for cabin locations and amenities to make your choice prior to booking.With enough...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SAND1447 .
Skowhegan, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I found this place by accident while riding my motorcycle. Met the owner David and a true gentleman with a kind heart. There are about 20 cabins here. Rates are around $70-$85 off season and little higher starting in June. Cabins are very nice inside. Hardwood floors, flat screen TV, propane heat, fireplace, queen bed, desk, table, wifi, microwave, hot place, shower and more. I would definitely recommend this place and once you stay here once, you will continue coming back for years. Great value for your money and right off I295 close to Freeport. Shopping in just a few miles away with dozens off outlet stores and LL Bean.

Room Tip: Really cant go wrong, but call to see what fits your needs. They do have 2 cabins side by side for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I have been driving by Maine Idyll Motor Court for the past 16 years and after spending $150 per night at chain hotels, I decided it was time to give Maine Idyll a try.

I loved it. I specifically requested and got cabin #18 otherwise known as One Maine Pine because it was constructed with the wood of one pine tree. The setting is woodsy and rustic and the cabin was simple. The cabin had several chairs, a TV And fireplace...fridge & microwave too. The small bathroom had only a shower.

What impressed me most was the cleanliness. The cabin was spotless.

I stayed there on a rainy stormy night. I had the fireplace going, though I didn't feel too much heat from it. And the thunder and rain masked the noise from the interstate.

I will definitely be back. It was far more interesting and charming than any chain hotel and an incredible value.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank TRJ1963
Sullivan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed here many times over the last 20 plus years and have stayed in every cabin except 16, 19 and 20 and it has always been a great experience. Over the years I have stayed here with a wide variety of people, my mother, husband, toddler(later teen-ager, now adult daughter), my sister(who only stays in high end hotels) loved it here and always plans a stay when she comes to Maine, girls week-ends, with 3 lab mix dogs, with a cat, and sometimes I just come by myself to hang out and relax. Rooms have always been clean and I love that each cabin has its own personality.
If you love chain hotels and the amenities they provide, Maine Idyll may not be for you. If you
are looking for a unique lodging opportunity, give this charming retreat a try.

Room Tip: My personal favorites are 14 and One Maine Pine but they all have their own pluses and minuses.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Marcy K
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here the end of last summer in a 2 bedroom cabin. It was my husband and daughter and I in one room that had a full size bed and twin and my in-laws in the other room that had a queen bed. It was awesome! We had such a great time! The breakfast in the morning was such a treat! We didnt really notice the noise at all but then again we live in Boston! LOL! It is close to everything! The check in area also has amazing artwork by someone I think who works there. We are looking forward to going back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bconn79
Stoddard, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My grandmother suggested this place to me and my family because we had a lot of relative staying at her house from out of state for the yarmouth clam festable .Not to far from Yarmouth, downtown Freeport, or Brunswick.you can go on their web site to pick which one fits your needs, Like some have ac,bathtub ,shower,mini refergrator,1-2-3 beds etc..Nice rustic peace and quite. most have tv,wi/fi,on chilly night nice little fire place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family