Wolfe's Neck Oceanfront Campground at Wolfe's Neck CEnter
Quality Suites(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$99
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Pool
Candlebay Inn(Freeport)
US$162
US$180
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$206
US$195
All reviewscamp storeworking farmocean viewflush toiletswest baylow tidecamp groundcamping experiencequiet hoursorganic farmbath houserent kayakslaundry facilities aresummer campcharging stationfresh eggswaste disposal
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is a no frills campground, with minimal but usable facilities. The location is very nice and good for walks around the grounds for the water views. Also, the grounds are a working farm, and cows moo pleasantly as background effects. Also, for city folks the cows march here and there at different times of the day which is interesting to watch. There is a sea kayak put-in on the grounds under a tiny bridge. Do schedule your visit to catch a "shore dinner" at the farm, which they do throughout the summer. This is not to be missed, and there is a hayride for kids afterwards.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jlcwinter
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I just want to share my experience of cancelling with the campground. I called 7 days prior to my 2 night reservation to cancel due to 2 children being ill and being on antibiotics. I was charged not a fee but the full 2 nights because it was not 14 days or more notice. Emergencys do come up that will not allow travel but they were not concerned with the reason why. All the girl wanted to do was read their cancellation policy to me. I also had to cancel with an Inn for the following nights and only got charged a $20 cancellation fee which was much more expensive and nicer than the campground. So vacationers beware, if you make reservations and an emergency comes up which will not allow you to stay there you will be charged the full amount for 2 nights. How absurb !!! I know I will not make plans to camp there again in the future, there are plenty of other campsites, and just as nice if not nicer that are in the area.
PS, We did spend 2 nights there last year and it really was nothing special, nice, but a typical campground. Definitely not worth rising losing 2 full nights refund over.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LancasterDM
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We camped in one of the spots that has w/e. These sites are NOTHING like the ones in the brochure or on the website. The sites without w/e by the water are nice, but this area is definitely NOT. Our site bordered a very swampy area. The empty site next to us had not been cleaned--the fire pit was heaped with trash, and stayed that way for over 24 hours or until I complained. The grass had not been mowed, and we found garbage in the grass including a used syringe. The outhouses are among the grossest I have ever seen. There are trees, but they had been stripped of their branches until the very top, so there was very little shade. Our view was of an old, broken down Tom's Potato Chip truck, that we thought was abandoned. Quiet time is not enforced--our neighbor decided to chop wood and fire up his campfire at 1:30 am. I let all this be known at the front office, but we never received a call or email from management, so I guess they don't care. We never saw anyone check on anything in the three days we were there. That's probably why the neighbors felt comfortable having their gray water dump directly into the swamp in back. We camp almost every weekend in the summer and have never had to make even one complaint at any of the other campgrounds we've visited. This one was a disappointing dump.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Helen W
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We truly love the location. The ocean views are just fantastic. Three things need some attention. The first is the outhouses. The need more daily maintenance, the are foul. The second thing is that the showers have no pressure. I would rather pay double so that I could have at least a little pressure. The third item is that it would be nice to have someone patrol or check on the campsites at least a couple times a night on the weekends. There was a group of women that were having a rowdy, heated, and loud discussion at 3:00 in the morning. Other than that, it is wonderful and despite these minor problems we look forward to camping there next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jon N
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed in the campground in August, tent camping, and our slot was amazing. We were in a nice shady corner aread up against the water. It was just s short (but steep) walk down to the rocks for our own beach area, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We paid the $25 per person for the lobster bake, which was awesome! Highlight of the trip. There are bathrooms and showers, but they could use some work. Not impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms, or the outhouses that were a bit stinky (shocker). Firewood and ice are sold on site, as well as other sundries, and the girls that worked the front desk were pretty knowledgeable about the area. The little snack shack has surpisingly good lobster rolls and reasonably priced.

Some of the campsites are very good, others not so much. Ask for 156 if it's available.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends