“1st meal in Maine -not disappointed!”
Review of Freeport Seafood Co. - CLOSED

Freeport Seafood Co.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped in Freeport for the night on our way to Bar Harbor and were craving some of the seafood that Maine is known for. We were not disappointed!
My husband ordered the Lobster Pot Pie which he thought was Delicious! It was loaded with lobster, asparagus,and potatoes in a creamy tarragon sauce, It arrived piping hot - with a nice side salad.
I ordered a Lobster Roll with mayo (recommended by server as the "Maine way") and was not disappointed either! The roll was fresh and the lobster plentiful -- served with fries, it was absolutely delicious!
The service was good- everything arrived timely. The staff friendly and informative.

It was a Sunday evening so we enjoyed watching football --the bar area was more "sports bar" type which was fine for us!

There are newer reviews for Freeport Seafood Co.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I ate here the last night of our honeymoon. The food was very good and a nice variety of diverse seafood along with other foods. The portions were very generous. Our server was very friendly and attentive to our needs.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This restaurant is trying to exploit tourists seeking Maine's fame for Lobster and it's road-side location to build its business rather than any passion for great food or customer service. Our server was jolly but going through the motions. The seafood pie (good) was accompanied by a green salad (wilting) and the worst Balsamic vinegar dressing we have ever tasted. The baked seafood platter was good but the French fries and coleslaw were both poor. The server agreed that he received many complaints about the dressing and did not like it himself but management wouldn't enforce a change.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I ate here and I thought there were some really good parts of the meal, and some that were not up to par. So overall, I am giving Freeport Seafood Company an "average". Here's my deal - When I go to a restaurant I want to be served food that is different, and/or better, than the food I eat at home.
From the top - we had scallops wrapped in bacon with theeir house jalapeno and maple sauce. Those guys rocked. They were really good. For entree's my wife had the crab meat stuffed lobster, and I had a large salad. The stuffed lobster - the lobster meat was fresh, sweet, incredibly tasty. So that gets high ratings. The crab meat stuffing had really poor texture (soft and mealy) and the taste seemed a bit off. My salad greens had a few pieces that were pretty funky looking (wilted/spoiled) that I had to set aside. And the salad was just average. Something that I could have put together at home.
The ambiance in here is kind of sterile - not much really inviting you into the restaurant.
Dinner for two of us including drinks and tip was $65.
Would I go back? Probably not - I imagine that there is better seafood in the Freeport/Portland area that is better.

1  Thank InSearchofQ
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Service was slow and not what I would expect for the restaurant being as slow as it was.
The lobster roll was very good with very big chunks of lobster not small pieces like I was expecting.