“Delicious Sunday Brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mallet Drive
Description: Our waitress forgot our coffee & lines were long for popovers/prime rib otherwise I would have given 5 stars for service/ambiance. This was our 2nd time. Celebrating my b'day weekend. We were here a year ago & absolutely loved it. The variety of food from lobsters, prime rib, eggs cooked in various ways, dansom plum champagne infused smoothie soup with creme with mint to the absolutely yummy chocolate decadence cake, blueberry pie & so many other desserts are only some of food served at this delicious Sunday brunch. We will definitely go there again next time we're in Freeport, Maine. It's in the Harraseeket Inn. I've had Sunday brunches at other 5 star hotels in USA including Hawaii, Europe, Japan & Canada but this brunch beats them all
Brunswick, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

An impressive selection of creative, quality food including prime rib, moroccan spiced lamb, a crepe bar, baked brie, and (the best part) ...
All you can eat lobster!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous food, worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I drove to Freeport from Boston for a shopping day with my family. While we found little in our shopping, the dinner we had here made the trip worthwhile (sweet potato gnocchi, halibut, and ahi all rocked). Even the kids' menu is impressive - my 7 y/o daughter had filet mignon and beautiful vegetables. Crepes made tableside were the perfect and delicious finale - not to be missed! Drawbacks: elevator muzak, staff were efficient but not warm and welcoming (they hesitated to seat us as walk-ins, and the restaurant was totally empty!). Also, as other tables began to fill, the clientele (besides us) was all older (60-80 y/o), which is perfectly lovely but definitely not our typical foodie restaurant scene.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wilton
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I followed an afternoon of planned shopping with dinner. We made reservations earlier in the week for Saturday night dinner. Our hostess seated us and asked if this was a special evening and yes, it was to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our waiter was very attentive without being obtrusive. I would say Carlos is the best server I have encountered in a long time, very professional. We both had a "cup" (actually a small bowl) of a squash/apple soup which was very good. We also had a basket of bread which had three selections, including a carraway flavored flat bread which was very nice. Our main course was a scallop dinner for my wife and a haddock dish for myself. Dessert (portions for dinner are reasonable so you do have room) was German chocolate cake (with a single lit candle for my wife's birthday; a nice touch) and I had the pumpkin cheesecake. My only regret is not having made the 1+ hour drive prior for a visit.

• Visited October 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Fine Cuisine in Freeport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Harraseeket Inn, and their fine cuisine restaurant, the Maine Dining Room, was excellent, offering refined, contemporary New England fare, with locally sourced products. It is a gem. Drinks were amply sized, as opposed to the tiny drinks at the Broad Arrow Tavern. I started with the chef's twist on Salad Nicoise, while Catherine enjoyed a Brussel Sprout salad, which she felt was a bit dry. I chose the Jumbo Maine Scallops, while she chose the Roasted Domestic Lamb. (See attached photos.) My scallops were a visual and a sensory delight - tender, moist and perfectly prepared, with butternut squash and fried leeks. Her lamb was divine, perfectly prepared to her request, nd the portion size (5 chops) was unusually generous, but not excessive. This meal was a delight! The Maine Dining Room also offers tableside preparation of several dishes, including Chateaubriand and Caesar Salad, for 2 or more. Don't miss this fine restaurant if you're in the Freeport area.

Visited October 2013
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Wonderful meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We ate here which is in the Hakasseket inn...very good meal! Mushroom puff pastry very tasty, scallops with truffles delicious, nice salad. Others had seafood sampler with scallops, crab cake and broiled salmon...very good; lobster ravioli excellent; and Statler chicken also good. Blueberry pie delightful. Wife and I had the flaming banana desert which was not as well done. They used Tia Maria and Myers Dark Rum but not enough and didn't flame it adequately. Not bad, but not great either. Besides that it was a great meal. Also ate the buffet breakfast there Sunday which was very nice. Fair price (14.95) but an omelet station would be a nice addition.

Visited September 2013