“Best Blueberry Pie ever”

The Maine Dining Room
Ranked #23 of 62 Restaurants in Freeport
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mallet Drive
Description: Our waitress forgot our coffee & lines were long for popovers/prime rib otherwise I would have given 5 stars for service/ambiance. This was our 2nd time. Celebrating my b'day weekend. We were here a year ago & absolutely loved it. The variety of food from lobsters, prime rib, eggs cooked in various ways, dansom plum champagne infused smoothie soup with creme with mint to the absolutely yummy chocolate decadence cake, blueberry pie & so many other desserts are only some of food served at this delicious Sunday brunch. We will definitely go there again next time we're in Freeport, Maine. It's in the Harraseeket Inn. I've had Sunday brunches at other 5 star hotels in USA including Hawaii, Europe, Japan & Canada but this brunch beats them all
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Maine Dining Room is a fine establishment with gourmet food. However, save room for the best blueberry pie and homemade vanilla ice cream that you will ever eat. It was tough ordering dessert after lobster bisque and grilled asparagus salad. Oh, and lobster as a main course. The pie was worth it.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a meal here as we were staying at the Haraseeket Inn. It was so good. We started with the cheese plate, moved on to filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and carrots. I can still taste the filet juices on the potatoes. Superb! We ended with crème brulee for me and the hot fudge sundae for my husband. We ate it all...Our server, Carleton, was professional and friendly and had a way of making us feel we weren't eating too much, even though we knew we were! The people next to us were locals and chose to have their 50th wedding anniversary at this restaurant. I can see why. Right then, I asked my husband if we could share our 50th anniversary here. It was that special.

2  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a classy establishment and the people around me were dressed to the nines enjoying a night out.

I brought the whole level down a peg or two when I dove into my first whole lobster. A messy prospect, but most enjoyable.

It was a great experience and I thankfully didn't embarrass myself too much as the whole dining room was watching!

I had a lovely evening and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank ThePackedBag
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

While staying at The Harraseeket Inn we had dinner in their Maine Dining Room restaurant. We ordered their prepared at table side dishes; Caesar Salad, Chateaubriand and strawberry crapes.

The waitress was friendly, professional and her timing was right on. The woman who did the preparation at table side was very adept and the food delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions or just because you are in Freeport.

If you are a guest at the Inn breakfast is included in The Maine Dining Room. The buffet offers a nice selection of options and an attentative wait staff. Really great way to start your day.

1  Thank Leslie G
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Actually that's a lie - they had me with the appetizer, lobster that melted in the mouth and pulled pork that spoke to the soul. My mom and I loved everything we ate, and drank. Great spot for a special evening out. My mom lives on an island known for seafood, is almost 80, and announced that her scallops were the best she's ever had.

2  Thank carolinemasi