“A good reliable Chinese restaurant in Freeport”

China Rose Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Chinese
Boston, Massachusetts
“A good reliable Chinese restaurant in Freeport”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The China Rose has been around for quite a while but moved to this location some years ago. It has very good food and a really economical lunch buffet. Consistency is one of it's strong points. Service is low-key but perfectly acceptable. If you've been on the Maine coast for a while and are tired of seafood or if you just want a good Chinese meal, this a great place to go. There is also a related Japanese restaurant on the second floor.

Visited August 2013

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Great family- friendly Chinese buffet in Freeport”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Just at the south end of the main shopping area in Freeport, China Rose is a great spot for a fast, tasty, and good value lunch. They have a good variety of the usual Chinese buffet staples, and a dessert buffet bar as well. The food is in pretty small serving dishes (for a buffet), but the are refilled frequently so the dishes are always hot and fresh. They have two soups - hot and sour, and egg drop, but I think these are the weakest of the dishes there. Nothing is too spicy, and they could offer one or to that are a little spicier. They are family friendly, and a great spot to take a break from shopping. Fast, good price, and easy parking. We have gone here many times, and plan to go back next time

Visited August 2013
1 Thank K Y
ALFRED ME
“OK Buffet”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I took my folks there for the lunch buffet the food was good but not allot of choices and poorly setup I got trapped in the middle of the line it was by a wall with people entering from both sides someone had to back up to let me out.

Northern maine
“Good food/great service”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

For years I have gone by this restaurant but never stopped in. My wife and I tried this restaurant on 7/23. We were greeted by a very friendly host and immediately seated. We decided to go with the lunch buffet. The food was very good. I especially liked the fact that the flavors were subtle, not overwhelmed with soy and salt seasonings like so many other Chinese restaurants. I would say there was a choice of 18-20 main and side dishes, 2 types of soup and a desert bar. The wait staff kept our table clean and replenished our drinks without asking. The bill was around $23.00 for the both of us, quite reasonable IMHO.
We will definitely try them again on our next visit to the area.

New Gloucester, Maine
“Not Great, but Good.”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is our go to place for Chinese food in or near Freeport. The food is good. Lots to select from. Every dish I have had has been good, but not great. Wish there was a little more flavor in the food. Prices are very good for the amount and quality of the food.

• Visited July 2013

Been to China Rose Restaurant? Share your experiences!