“Great sandwiches”

Old World Gourmet Deli & Wine
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Good food for take out or eat in. Limited seating but in summer can eat outside. You order your meal at the counter and then can either take home or find a table. The selection of sandwiches is extensive. The last couple of years they close for the winter season.

Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

OWD is - hands down / the best spot for lunch in or around Freeport. I work nearby and stop here at least once or twice a week for take out. The sandwiches and salads are fresh and customizable, and the daily specials are usually a treat. The new owner is a very nice and sincere man - he runs the type of shop I'd run if I could! My only constructive criticism is that the check out line is slow. Ps - get a cookie!

Reviewed 3 December 2011

I'm so excited that this place is now open year round and also have extended their hours. Every time I go in to order my sandwich I am greeted warmly at the counter when I place my order and the same goes for the register. All the sandwiches are fresh, made to order and served on the bread of your choice. I had the turkey special with all the fixings and it was awesome. Another one of my favorites is the dill tuna! Don't forget to grab a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie at the register! Home made and delicious!

Reviewed 30 September 2008

What a pleasant surprise we had at this Wine Bar/French Bistro in Freeport. It's upscale interior would be at home in any large city, but the friendliness is pure Maine. The excellent food goes from stews and burgers to full meals and the prices are moderate.
This is a very busy place but we have ever felt rushed by the server. We always take the opportunity to dine here when we are in the area, and are never disappointed.

Reviewed 16 April 2008

We go here once a month and really like the atmosphere and the wine selection. The menu never changes and the food is mostly average. They really need to rework their menu and offer some specials.