“Never again!”

Derosier's Market
Ranked #23 of 61 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We picked Derosier's because it looked like a cute mom and pop place. Unfortunately that was not the case. The staff was not very professional. While we were waiting for our food, we could hear one of the staff cursing at her boyfriend on her cellphone. We ordered a chicken teriyaki sub and a general tso's sub along with a slice of pizza. I'm glad I got the pizza. That was decent. My chicken teriyaki was the worst thing ever. Processed microwave chicken with a fake teriyaki sauce. It made me sick to my stomach. The general tso's sandwich was okay. Both sandwiches were soggy and not up to par. We will spend the extra money and go to Antonia's or Amato's. I wish I could get my money back.

1  Thank IMADALEY1023

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We've eaten here twice - mini toasted sub was good and their lobster roll is very good and they serve a large portion for the price. But we heard so much about them being known for their pizza so decided to try one tonight for dinner. Ordered a large with half veggie and half bbq chicken on thin crust. First, after opening once we were home, not made with thin crust; then way too much cheese on both halves and too little of the toppings. The bbq chicken had an old taste, was tough and stringy, the broccoli was bitter and overall, just a mediocre pizza (s). Perhaps this can all be attributed to whoever made the pizzas ?? but we've had much better pizza at Antonia's.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Great made to order fresh Italian sandwiches. Very reasonable prices. Historic building with great atmosphere. Been in business since 1904.

1  Thank Vivadefiesta
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A positive "hole in the wall" experience...Clean, well lit, friendly staff...Enjoyed our first Lobster Roll in Maine

3  Thank retiredchuck
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Decided to take a road trip with my daughter up the coast of Maine. We don't have much money so we were frugal about most things but I didn't want to leave the Southern Coast of Maine without having a lobster roll. It's a must do for any Maine vacation. We happened upon this place walking the main shopping area and it (like every other place in the area) boasts "best lobster roll in Maine". I was skeptical, but couldn't pass up the price of $9.99. What a great deal! The lobster roll was fresh and simple. Basically, a whole lobster on a bun with a little mayo, lettuce, salt & pepper that's it. I think the real art of making the perfect lobster roll is to just let the lobster shine. All of the other ingredients should take a back seat. There were plenty of other sandwiches to choose from as well. My daughter had the cheesesteak & it was decent, but we are from NJ/Philly area so we're a bit biased. I say, order a cheesesteak when you're in Philly, but when you're in Maine get the lobster roll! This place was small and the staff were friendly. I would recommend this to other travelers.

2  Thank daisyjean2