“Better Get There Before It's Too Late...”
Review of The Freeport Theater of Awesome - CLOSED

The Freeport Theater of Awesome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We've been to the Theater of Awesome several times in the past year -- and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves each time. The good news is that their Halloween Show is no exception -- the bad news is that Audiobody may be leaving the Theater of Awesome early next year....
Our most recent visit was for their Halloween Show....and, in keeping with their "family friendly" show, it had none of the "gore', "let's-scare-the-audience" or artificial surprises other Halloween shows succumb to. Rather, the boys of Audiobody have repackaged some of their previous bits into a Halloween theme -- picture, if you will, Matt and Jason (the two stars of Audiobody)juggling three full-sized pumpkins! Yup, these are the real deal -- they even had audience members hold them ahead of time to make sure they weren;t "tricked up" in any way. New to this holiday-themed show is Jason juggling three apples while lying on his back on a bed of nails! Plus some of their long-time audience favorites -- the light-tube routine, the black-lite dancing ropes, and the tennis-ball-and-lego keyboard routine! If these three items don't mean anything to you, you obviously haven't seen an Audiobody show before -- and really need to before you lose the opportunity.
At the show we went to, Matt and Jason explained that they have recently entered into an agreement with Walt Disney Corp. to take their act onto Disney Cruise Lines cruises in 2014 -- leaving open the question of how they'll manage that and the Theater of Awesome at the same time. They openly admit they aren't sure yet how things will play out -- but to be sure you don't miss out on seeing this unique combination of juggling, music, humor and family fun, be sure to catch one of their remaining Halloween shows or their upcoming Christmas program.
In the meantime, they've booked several other family-friendly acts familiar to Maine audiences for November -- more great entertainment from the Theater of Awesome.

2  Thank MainerOnTheGo

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We saw Tim Sample here this past weekend and the venue fit his quirky Maine humor. We were pleasantly and efficiently greeted and sat in comfortable movie theater seats. There were unique snacks available, as reported by previous reviewers. It was a very memorable evening.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

You will laugh harder at the Theatre of Awesome more than any other destination in Freeport! They are witty, hysterical and captivate an audience of all ages. I thought that it would be a great time-killer for the kids and my husband while I shopped the outlets, but after seeing the Audiobody show yesterday, I'd MUCH rather be entertained by them versus retail. Their refreshments are unique and delicious to! How many theatres have Eli's soda, whoopee pies and gourmet popcorn. Their theatre makes me proud to be a Mainer!

1  Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have been to the theater many times with my husband.
We invited my niece and sister to a movie this summer while they were vacationing from Louisville, KY. They enjoyed the theater and movie! Delicious popcorn! Pleasant staff!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We saw the Tardy Brothers, and loved the show. My 5 year old was thrilled, and the grown ups loved it, too. It was an inexpensive break from shopping, and something my son will remember with great joy. I highly recommend this fun, entertaining venue for everyone!

1  Thank andreaf398