We stayed there on July 14, 2014. Price was 144.. US plus taxes. The motel is akin to a motel you would find on the highway of many small towns across the US or Canada. It was very basis, bathroom very tiny. Room was clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast facilities not bad.
There was a lot of noise in the outside hallways and it seemed everyone wore work boots running up and down the halls at midnight hollering...screaming. I think a bunch of hillbillies from south Carolina stayed there that night.
My biggest beef beside the noise was that it was grossly overpriced for type of motel and services available. They definitely take advantage of the " tourist" season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Awarding Winning by Choice Hotels Econo Lodge(R) is conveniently located less than a mile from L.L. Bean's Flagship Store, a world-famous outdoor gear & apparel store, open 24 hours every day year round. Also nearby is the Desert of Maine, a famous natural phenomenon, hundreds of outlet stores, Bradbury Mountain State Park, Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park & the Maine Maritime Museum, featuring gallery exhibits, a historic shipyard & narrated boat cruises. Springtime in Freeport is an exciting time of year! Popham Beach State Park, Reid State Park and Old Orchard Beach are about 30 minutes away. There are many outdoor activities for the whole family to enjoy including sailing, biking, bird watching at the Mast Landing Bird Sanctuary and even lighthouse tours! Want to squeeze in a game of golf or two? The Freeport Country Club, Toddy Brook Golf Course, the Falmouth Country Club and more are just a short drive from our hotel. In addition, Portland International Jetport is 18 miles from the hotel. This Freeport, ME hotel features Free Expanded Continental Breakfast and free local calls. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access, a business center in the lobby & access to copy/fax services. All spacious guest rooms include work desks and cable television with Showtime. Non-smoking and Pet-Friendly rooms can be requested. Whether your favorite activity is hiking a mountain on a crisp spring morning or spending the afternoon laying in the sun at Popham Beach State Park Freeport, Maine provides a great room, convenient location and wonderful service at an exceptional value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Freeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Freeport Hotel Freeport
- Freeport Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Freeport Maine