Overall, the EconoLodge is a pretty generic motel. Rooms are small and the bed was a tiny double (seemed even smaller than the double we have at home, though might just have been our impression). Rooms are all open to the outside, so no level of security beyond the standard door locks -- typical motor-inn. Small, well used towels. No fridge or anything extra in the room. Very basic, but serviceable for a night.
The included breakfast was nice extra: make-a-waffle, cereal, English muffins, muffins, toast, cold hardboiled eggs, coffee, tea, juice. However the seating in the breakfast area was quite tight and crowded. We stayed over a Saturday night and the place was likely totally full, and everyone wanted breakfast! LOL...
Location is good: right on Route 1, but on the side OPPOSITE the main highway. So very quiet rooms, no road noise. Easy driving distance to Freeport shopping and a number of area restaurants.
I am conflicted about my 2 rating. Wish I could do a 2.5... but given the rate ($165 for the night + tax given the high season. I suspect the rate is more affordable at other times.), I could not go with a 3 (avg) rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Awarding Winning by Choice Hotels Econo Lodge(R) is conveniently located less than a mile from L.L. Bean's Flagship Store, a world-famous outdoor gear & apparel store, open 24 hours every day year round. Also nearby is the Desert of Maine, a famous natural phenomenon, hundreds of outlet stores, Bradbury Mountain State Park, Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park & the Maine Maritime Museum, featuring gallery exhibits, a historic shipyard & narrated boat cruises. Springtime in Freeport is an exciting time of year! Popham Beach State Park, Reid State Park and Old Orchard Beach are about 30 minutes away. There are many outdoor activities for the whole family to enjoy including sailing, biking, bird watching at the Mast Landing Bird Sanctuary and even lighthouse tours! Want to squeeze in a game of golf or two? The Freeport Country Club, Toddy Brook Golf Course, the Falmouth Country Club and more are just a short drive from our hotel. In addition, Portland International Jetport is 18 miles from the hotel. This Freeport, ME hotel features Free Expanded Continental Breakfast and free local calls. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access, a business center in the lobby & access to copy/fax services. All spacious guest rooms include work desks and cable television with Showtime. Non-smoking and Pet-Friendly rooms can be requested. Whether your favorite activity is hiking a mountain on a crisp spring morning or spending the afternoon laying in the sun at Popham Beach State Park Freeport, Maine provides a great room, convenient location and wonderful service at an exceptional value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Freeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Freeport Hotel Freeport
- Freeport Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Freeport Maine