“Always enjoy staying here!”

Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Great spot! Very clean - service is great! Breakfast buffet is awesome - warm chocolate chip cookies available!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Went with family of 6 from July 2-6. PROS: Hotel food was great & inexpensive. Chef quick & worked overtime. Clean rooms. Close to shopping stores. CONS: Lobby staff need course in assisting customers. Room key didn't work for 3 days straight. Went up to room & had to come back down. Changed card key 3X. Was told to use phone to call lobby BUT there was no phone! Pool water was freezing, limited towels. Found clump of hair once in pool. Jacuzzi water was yellow on 1st day. Free coffee/tea station MIA for 3 hrs every evening. Free cookie each night but when I took one for my son & one for my daughter, lady behind counter told me its for residence only. I'm a Hilton Preferred member!! Asked front desk for directions, told to use the computers in the back. Went back to room & used my iPAD instead. Checked in - reserve charge $200 on my VISA, our last meal in restaurant they charge again. Good thing I checked!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DisneyfanNewYorkCity
HGIFreeport, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback on your stay with us in early July. I am so glad to hear you had a great experience in our restaurant and that your room was nice and clean; however I am very sorry to hear things were not what you would and should expect with the rest of your stay with us. We always want to hear our guests comments and would like to hear more from you. If you could take a moment and reach out to us directly, we would greatly appreciate it. We never want our guests encountering the things you mentioned in your review, thus if we have more information, we can ensure other guests do not experience these same challenges. Our email address is: PWMFD_GM@hilton.com. Again, any additional information you could email us about your stay would be very much appreciated. Service is always our #1 priority. We thank you again for your review & hope you will consider staying with us again on future visits to Freeport.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Nice touches - homemade cookies. Clean. Only the pool is small.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is in a great location and their staff is the best. Rooms are very clean as well as the rest of the hotel. Highly recommend this location

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I had a great rate through a discount,and they were very nice to me, even honoring the floor of the room I requested. Room was nicely furnished and clean. We were in walking distance to many of the outlets and some restaurants, including the one I had a reservation at (without knowing this in advance). I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I just wish Hilton Garden Inns had breakfast included like some other places.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mittmott
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stopped over night in Freeport to visit the LLBean Retail Store. We were so happy with the location of this hotel. We were able to walk to all of the outlet stores. The room was nice and clean. Cookies in the late afternoon were a surprise treat. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We recently traveled to a family wedding in ME and spent 4 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Freeport, ME. I couldn't be happier with the choice! The hotel is a block away from Main Street, so very close to all the outlet shopping. Every area - the lobby, the pool and workout room, was spotless! The staff was incredibly helpful and pleasant! We were greeted everytime we walked by the front desk. The (small) business room was clean and well stocked with everything I needed. My kids were first in line for the yummy fresh baked cookies that the staff put out in the early evening. We might have been able to find a cheaper room in Freeport, but I'd argue this was a great value for such a comfortable stay. We'll stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NymanFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
2 mi away
16 mi away
Portland Harbor Hotel
Portland Harbor Hotel
#5 of 21 in Portland

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown? Share your experiences!