Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$82
US$69
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$82
QualityInn
US$65
Travelocity
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$114
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
Harraseeket Inn(Freeport)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,155 results
All reviewstrain tracksgreat locationll beanwithin walking distancemain streetstores and restaurantsfire pittwo blockspark your carflagship storefront desk staffvery nice hotelplenty of parkingdefinitely stay here againoutlet shoppinggreat place to stayindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel previously. It is clean, very comfortable, by far the most convenient to shopping LL Bean stores and all the outlet stores. This is a terrific home base when staying in the Freeport area.

My wife and I stayed here a couple of years ago, and we feel it has only improved. Good job Hilton! Good coffee, cookies, etc. to welcome us. Friendly staff. Just a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

This hotel is smack dab in the center of Freeport. I drove around and saw that there were no other hotels as close as this one.
I was traveling alone with a small child. Parking was across the street, which was fine because the street is not busy.
Front desk staff was great, although the recommendation for one of our dinners was definetly not spot on. She said it was the best place for seafood, but I did not agree. Many a meal has been eaten at Cape Cod in this family, and the seafood was not up to the cost of the dinner.
However, the hotel dinner was beyond shockingly wonderful!!!! The service(bartender) was not very attentive, and as a previous server, I knew she was focusing on the business travelers to make her tips. Too bad for her, because as a previous server, I normally tip very well. However, the food made it worth the while. It was the freshest corn soup I ever had!! The steak was perfectly cooked, and the portions were wonderful for me and my 5 year old to share.
The room was very spacious. With a chair and ottoman, a desk, a breakfast center and entertainment center, we had plenty of room to spread out. There was enough cream for one morning, but not the second, so ask for more, or leave a note for housekeeping. Speaking of housekeeping, she made my daughter's day by arranging her stuffed animals on the bed!! It was a very nice thoughtful touch.
The television channels arent that great, but then again, we werent in the room to watch tv. That normally buys me an extra half hour of sleep, but I lived! No Disney :(
There is plenty of room in the closet and drawers, ask for extra hangers if you have alot to hang. The bed is WONDERFUL. The comfort can be adjusted, and I slept better than almost any other hotel I have ever stayed in. We stay at hotels approx 12 nights a year.
The pool and spa. I did not use the exercise room, although it looked small but with newer equipment. The pool is a smaller size, with a deep end and shallow end. My daughter and I spent alot of time there, this was her vacation! The staff at the pool was attentive, so the chairs were never in the way, towels were always available and the floor was always mopped. The one problem with a loose filter cover was fixed immediately! The hot tub is small and very rough. It is the old style and the railing goes directly down the center. You must be careful getting in, because once you turn it on and go to step in, you cannot see the steps. However it was clean and hot. Perfect for a wind down after 2 hours in the pool.
We truly were within walking distance of town. There is a CVS directly behind the hotel, and restaurants within walking distance. We chose to eat dinner at the hotel(first night as described above), cereal and milk from our frig in the room, brunch at a diner at the Best Western outside of town which was very good greasy spoon breakfast for reasonable prices, then dinner at the Lobster place on the water as recommended by the hotel staff(not recommended by me). The breakfast buffet the following morning was beyond reasonable for the two of us. My daughter ate free and I paid $10, which was great with what they offered. I grabbed a little fruit and muffins for the road at the end of the meal.
All in all, I would definetly stay here without hesitation again!!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2010

This hotel by far was the best we stayed at on our 11 day trip! The room was very clean and the beds comfy. There was a nice coffee set up with New England coffee packets (not some yucky stuff!), microwave & fridge. We were lucky to get the first floor right across from the pool (#119). Husband and 3yr old could swim all they want and I was able to go down the hall for fresh coffee and tea without any hassel of the elevator! Loved it! And no, you couldn't hear any noise from the pool!

All the staff was very friendly and outgoing, made us feel right at home. We did get the breakfast buffet at $9.95, lots of food with made to order eggs and other hot food.

This hotel is very convienant to downtown, just about 2 blocks. Park your car and use your feet!!!

I was a tad concerned about the railroad track a stones throw from our window, but while we were there no trains came through....do they still use those tracks????? My 3yr old would have LOVED to see a train though!

1  Thank thewearytravelers
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This Hilton Garden Inn was a good one again. Nice big room, good location and several extra facilitities. On our day of arrival swimming pool and whirlpool were closed unfortunately. Fitness room offers you a good variety, but the area is very suitable for a nice run through the country side (ask the reception for the 2 mile run).
Breakfast is $ 9,95 and worth it. Fresh cooked waffles, pancakes, eggs or french toast. Drinks and meals on site not expensive and a good quality too.
Just around the corner of the hotels you can find main street with lots of shops and restaurants. A short drive to the beautiful coastal side. For a nice walk go to Wolfsneck. Entrance not free ($ 4) but park well maintained and several walking paths. Some along the sea side.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Centrally located, this hotel is only a few miles off Highway 295 and within a ffew block of the LL Bean store and other Main Street shops. Maine is different than other states in the fact that Brand name hotels do not dominate the landscape. It is okay to stay at a non-chain hotel.

We selected this hotel for the brand name and got what we anticipated. Decent room with Queen size beds (important when you only want to get one room and your kids require more bed space than when they were young). Do not understand why I can stay at a less expensive motel and get free breakfast but need to pay for it at more expensive places.

You can get the continental version of breakfast for $5 and be fulfilled. The business center has two computers that offer internet access for free. They are busy but will allow your teenagers the freedom they want on a family trip to remain connected.