James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast
Quality Suites(Freeport)
  • Free Internet
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)
View Hotel
All reviewspine roomquichehomemade granolab bprivate deckfrom scratchtaupe roomcookiesquiet side streetwonderful hostsfrench toastbreakfast was deliciousll beanold friendswithin walking distancehome madeplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before, so this was our first experience.
I picked James Place Inn because of all of the reviews on it.
It exceeded my expectations!
Robin was over the top great!!
People commented about his breakfast,
I thought "how good can blueberry pancakes or a frittatta be"? They ARE THAT great!!
I think Robin's hospitality,cooking and story telling is what makes James Place Inn what it is.
Also,Robin had suggestedus going to Azure's for dinner.. DELICIOUS!!
The stay was loaded with one pleasant surprise after another.

Thank you Robin for a fantastic experience!

Tom and Robin
Berwick,Maine

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My husband and I returned to the James Place Inn for a second time and it truly was like coming home to old friends. We were greeted by Robin with a hug and spent the first half an hour just catching up with him - it felt so good to be back!

This time we chose to stay in the Pine Room as we wanted the ambiance of the fireplace. The room is very large with a comfortable bed, soft linens, a flat screen TV with DVD player, a rocking chair, a comfortable sitting chair, and an armoir to hang your clothes. The bathroom in the Pine Room is smaller than the one in the Green Room (which we stayed in previously), but how much time do you really spend in there? The firewood was well stocked and Robin gave us a quick tutorial on how to get it started. There is also a small private deck off the room - but with it being January we used it mostly to keep some waters cold for us. We spent the first night in bed, with a nice fire going, watching one of the movies from their great DVD collection. What a way to relax!

Breakfast the first morning was Robin's infamous cinnamon french toast made with his homemade cinnamon bread. We started off with sliced grapefruit, yogurt and Tori's granola, and blueberry cake. Robin and I split the pot of James Place Inn coffee and he and my husband talked about flying stories (both are pilots - my husband professional and Robin private) and I sat and could listen all day long. With a terrific breakfast and good company, we were well on our way of powering up for our snowshoeing trip that afternoon!

The Inn is located within walking distance to essentially everything in downtown Freeport. We enjoyed some shopping both Friday night and Saturday morning and it's so nice to leave the car and enjoy the fresh Maine air.

Friends of ours joined us Saturday around noon for snowshoeing and Robin and Tori were beyond gracious to allow them to check-in early and get settled - they even prepared us with a to-go bag of blueberry cake for our trip to Wolf's Neck State Park! The breakfast the second morning was fantastic as well - poached pears, yogurt, granola, oatmeal / raspberry / banana muffins, and blueberry pancakes!

It was very hard to pack up and leave - we truly enjoy every minute spent at the James Place Inn. It's the perfect little getaway with a spouse or with close friends. The hospitality and amazing food is hard to walk away from! Robin gave us some good ideas on other things to do - so we're looking forward to kayaking in the spring and apple picking in the fall! I have to find away to make our trips to Freeport and the James Place Inn more frequent - it is all truly wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for the weekend prior to her return to college for winter term. Tori and Robin were gracious hosts and made you feel as though you were actually staying with them in their home (which you actually are!!). The rooms were all wonderfully appointed and cozy, very clean, and the property was quiet at night. Robin's breakfasts were amazing, and he leaves home-baked cookies and other treats out all day and night along with tea for snacks. The inn is within walking distance of Freeport's shops and restaurants, right off of the main highway, but not so near as to be noisy. Robin even wiped the snow off of our car the morning we were leaving!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 29 December 2010

During past trips to Maine, my husband and I have tried other B&Bs in Freeport.and this one far outclasses them all. Tori and Robin are wonderful hosts. They've created such a welcoming and friendly atmosphere that we immediately felt completely at home in their home. Their breakfasts are spectacular with more choices than you have any right to expect, all of them delicious. We stayed in the Rose Room which was lovely, and really enjoyed the claw foot whirlpool tub located in the bedroom area. However, the bathroom with shower is very tight so a large person might prefer to choose a different room. The inn is very well located on a quiet side street right off Route 1 with easy access to LL Bean and the outlets and other local attractions. We stayed an extra day and still hated to leave. You can be sure we will be staying here on future trips to Freeport and we wholeheartedly recommend the James Place Inn to other travelers.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My husband and I absolutely look forward to coming up to Freeport every year to stay at the Jame Place Inn. Robin and Tori are the most sweetest, welcoming individuals I have ever met! Thanks again for a memorable time :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple