“Extremely loud”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I specifically asked for a room that did not face the highway. I arrived late at night and proceeded to the room. I had booked a double queen room. When I got to the room I found a king. Since there were three of us we couldn't switch. When I went back to the desk and requested the correct room I was told that all the doubles left were on the highway side. The noise from the highway kept me up all night. I would suggest that anyone looking at this hotel go to the Hampton Inn that is not right on the highway.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are disappointed to hear that we didn't accommodate you in a way that is typical of the high standards we uphold as a Holiday Inn Express and Suites. I would ask of you to contact me directly so we can discuss your stay further and try to figure out why so many errors were made.

We have had more guests then normal recently check into rooms and come down and tell us they requested different then what we have assigned to them. Usually it is a third party site that made these guests their reservations. If booking through a 3rd party site we highly suggest calling the hotel to confirm details. I don't want to put the blame on them especially because I am unsure as to how you reserved you room.

Again we greatly appologize for the inconveniences you have experienced and I would love to talk further so that we can prevent this from happening in the future.

Contact: hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com

Manager

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Was there for a few nights on business so wasn't particularly interested in all the amenities offered, but some of the basics weren't really up to par with other business hotels I'm used to.
- lumpy pillows, sheets not as soft or fine as other hotels like Hiltons etc.
- smelled like a Holiday Inn motel - memories of my childhood where we would pull up to a Holiday Inn motel impromptu
- breakfast was provided but on disposable plastic / styrofoam plates. Egg and sausage patties looked uninviting....probably best to stick with cereals, yogurt, fruit and other baked goods.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking to time leave feedback, We are extremely disappointed to hear that we didn't accommodate you in a way that is typical of our standards for Holiday Inn. I would ask for you to contact me directly so we can discuss your stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback so we can take appropriate actions to ensure the future comfort of our guests. I can be reached by email at hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com

Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2011

On arrival, there was a line of people waiting to check in. The key coding machine was inoperable, so the staff couldn't issue keys. They did, however, run guests to their rooms and let them in with their master key.

The room was clean and comfortable--pretty much a standard HI Express room. Mine faced the Interstate highway (about 100 yards away) and there was some traffic noise. If you're a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room that faces US 1.

The location is a few miles south of the hustle of all the shopping in downtown Freeport, so you would need to drive there from the hotel.

Finally, the receptionist offered up several suggestions for nearby restaurants.

While not the perfect stay, I would return.

• Stayed: August 2011
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an in depth review of our hotel. Feedback is the best way for us to follow up on issues we may not be aware of.

That being said, we are sorry for the inconveniences you experiences while checking into our location. The key card machine has never given us any problems up until the day you arrived. Of course it happen to malfunction on one of our busiest days of the year!

The highway is fairly close to our location which some people like because of how convenient it is however if you are a light sleeper it could be a bit of a problem if you are on the back of our hotel. The rooms on the front are much quieter and we would be happy to assign you a room on the front if you call us directly!
If you are ever in the area again we would love to have you stay with us! Call us directly and I will be sure to assign you a room on the front and even upgrade you to a suite at no additional charge!

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Recently stayed one night & we were facing the interstate , alot of road noise and to make matters worse in the middle of the night the garbage truck came in and woke both of us up to a huge bang bang bang ! Nice hotel & would stay again but would want to face route 1 & not highway & on the other end of the garbage bins ! Great rooms , breakfast , location & staff ...

• Stayed: August 2011

So pleased to hear of your positive experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We look forward to your return with open arms. Your comments were warming and well received by the team.

We look forward to having y ou stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 14 August 2011

My family stayed here on a trip back from Bar Harbor. The hotel seems newish and the room was clean and almost posh! The free wireless was odd in that you are given a scratch off card with a name and password for each device you wanted to connect, but I will say that the internet was faster than at any other hotel at which we stayed. The rooms on the interstate 295 can be noisy once the big rigs start whizzing by at 5 in the morning -- better to ask for a room facing route 1. The pool was fine, although we used it in the morning and the main pool was pretty cool and the lights were all turned off.

Room Tip: Get a room facing route 1 (the front of the hotel), not interstate 295.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving feedback! We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here in Freeport. We are the newest hotel in Freeport and try our best to make sure everything is 100%! We do have a great staff all around and it is extremely rare to get any complaints!

The free wireless passcode is new and we have found this service to be much faster with a lot less problems! We do uderstand the user names and passwords for each divise can be a pain however with the speed of the internet and the network being more secure it is worth the time to enter it!

The rooms on the interstate 295 can be noisy at night however we would def. assure you a room on the route one side if you call us directly! I will even upgrade you to a suite next time you stay here with us!

Thank you for leaving feedback and we hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We were very happy with the hotel...clean and convenient...also a good deal with the local hotel discount book.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your gracious comments about your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Freeport, Maine. We are no longer in the coupon book however call us directly and we will be happy to offer you a discounted rate or match one of our competitors rates!!!

Next time you are in the area we hope you chose to stay with us. We promise to do our best to replicate the service you received!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here one night on a trip home from Nova Scotia. The hotel was clean and the rooms were a good size for my family of 5. I would probably rate this hotel higher but we had a less expensive more positive stay on the trip up at the Courtyard by Marriott in Bangor, ME.

Pros: Suites with two doubles and a fold out, easy to get to, easy check-in & check-out. Free hot breakfast. Small pool with whirlpool. Close (by need to drive) to LL Bean and the outlets in town. Free Wi-Fi. Microwave and fridge in room.

Cons: Who designs shower heads to be 5'9" from the floor? I hate squatting to wash my hair. Not exciting enough to take pictures of.

1  Thank Familyof5fromMD

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. It sounds like you enjoyed your visit to Freeport, Maine. If your travels bring you back to this area, feel free to contact me directly and I will be sure to give you a great rate and if available I'll even upgrade you to one of our newly renovated suites. You can reach me at (207) 865-9020 or email me hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com.

Amanda Marinko

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Quality Suites
Harraseeket Inn
Harraseeket Inn
#1 of 11 in Freeport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!