Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
  • Pool
Harraseeket Inn(Freeport)
The Village Inn(Freeport)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollsyogurtroom was cleannice hotelfree breakfastking suiteshower headroad noisell beansitting areaminute drivethe breakfast areahot tubconvenient locationwould stay here againone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This is a pleasant spot to stay while shopping. The location is good and the rooms were very clean and quiet. Check in was smooth and the staff were all friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately the breakfast was not up to the usual standard I had experienced here before. This could have been due to the lack of guests or my arrival about an hour after it opened but the egg pucks were a little dry as were the sausage rounds. My first bun was like a rock and it was obvious that the food had been sitting around for a while. Coffee was good and the juice was fine too. Next time I stay there I'll be sure to show up early and get some freshly made food

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymondocanuck
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will be sure to pass the comments on to the breakfast manager to assure food is not being left under warmers for a long period of time. The eggs do tend to dry up fast and we will do our best to assure this will not happen in the future.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a night on a recent shopping trip to Freeport. Check in was great, and they allowed us to check in early, a nice bonus. Free wifi was available. Room was clean and modern. Very good location. Great pricing available, booked a pay in advance discounted rate. Good value and good stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

So pleased to hear of your positive experience with us! We look forward to your return with open arms. Your comments were warming and well received by the team. We hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

For several years we have headed off to Freeport, Maine for a weekend of shopping in preparation for the upcoming holiday season. When we first began to go here the facility was close to the outlet stores, clean and offered an economical solution for us all. However, over the past couple of years the facility has not updated its furnishings (which were not high end to begin with) or make strives to maintain the rooms. Don't misunderstand that statement. The rooms are usually clean including the bathroom, but small and well used at this point. The continental breakfast is OK if you get there early enough. Like before 8 AM. The staff is usually young and unable to keep up with the weekend rush.

Room Tip: If you go, I definitely would request to stay on the first floor and on the route 1 side of the building as the noise can be distracting. Considering a new hotel for next year...
1  Thank SandCadi

I am disappointed to hear that we didn't accommodate you in a way that is typical of the high standards we uphold as a Holiday Inn Express. I would ask of you to contact me directly so we can discuss your stay.

We are frequently updating things throughout the hotel. We just updated the tv's in all rooms to flat screen and we are in the process of updating the pool area.

I would appreciate a phone call or email letting me know what you personally think needs to be updated as we try to fix or make changes to all recommendations. As for our staff I would also like to know what they were unable to keep up with. All but one person currently working for us have been here for several years and we typically don't get any negative feedback when it comes to service.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback so we can take appropriate actions to ensure the future comfort of our guests.

I can be reached by email at hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com Attn: Amanda or 207-865-9020 extension 701

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We spent the night at this hotel after a 5 hour drive from New Brunswick and some shopping time in Freeport. The rooms themselves are decent. Check-in was a breeze. We booked our rooms about three weeks out, but still ended up paying about $160/night taxes in. Our base rate was around $130/night, plus an extra $10/person after two guests. Given we were 4 in the party, we shelled out another $20.

The breakfast was a bit of a disappointment after having paid that much for the room. The "free breakfast" consisted of toast, cereal, some strange sausage pucks, Egg McMuffin style egg pucks, biscuits, gravy, and a pancake making contraption that was much more fun to use than the pancakes were to eat. I'm not expecting a full spread, but some healthier options, maybe some hard-boiled eggs or extra fruit, would have been nice.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that we didn't accommodate you in a way that is typical of the high standards we uphold here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites.

As for breakfast I will talk with the breakfast host to confirm boiled eggs and bananas are being put out each morning. Those are 2 of the healthier options and I apologize if they weren't available while you were having breakfast with us!

We are now off peak and the rates are extremely low. If you are ever in the area and need accommodations please contact me directly and I will be happy to offer you an extremely low rate.

Amanda Marinko
hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com
(207) 865-9020 ex. 701

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Very nice hotel - clean and well cared for. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We got to the room and it was quite cool - I tried to turn the heat on (wall thermostat) but nothing happened. We called to the desk and it needed to be reset (just a push of a button) - which we did and it worked fine after that. We were there for a shopping weekend - you do have to take your car into town as the hotel is probably a mile or mile and a half from downtown, but this was a very nice place to stay. They have a complimentary breakfast which was pretty good as far as complimentary breakfasts go. All in all a very positive experience and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: First floor was awesome - everything is right there
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your gracious comments about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Freeport, Maine. Your remarks about the hospitality you received has been shared with our team members and is an inspiration to them. We promise to do our best to replicate the service you received the next time your travel brings you back to our property. Have a wonderful Holiday and we hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Best regards,