“Quiet place close to Freeport ME” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Katonah, New York
“Quiet place close to Freeport ME”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We've stayed here before on our way home from Prince Edward Island. Freeport is a busy place, with plenty of nice places to eat and, of course, the shopping is what this town is all about. When we checked in on July 10, we were given keys to an already-occupied room. The person at the front desk was distracted and not manning his post full time. He finally put us in a room directly across from the elevator. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet, however, and we didn't mind paying the $160 fee. It's not clear if internet access is free, since one is asked for credit card information when logging on, but as soon as one checks with the front desk it suddenly becomes free. So be sure to ask, or you'll end up paying for it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are pretty close to busy Route 295, so try to get something in the front.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, the feedback received from our guests is extremely important as it allows us to celebrate our successes and address our challenges.

I did receive a note in the morning stating that you had been checked into an occupied room. I do appologize for that. Aparently there was miscommunication and the guest in the room the night before decided to stay an additional night. Again I apologize for that.

As for the internet we NEVER charge our guests, it is included in your stay. We do ask for credit card for other incidental charges guests may have when checking in which is standard for most hotels.

We hope to have you stay with us in the future and if you would like to discuss this further feel free to call me at (207)865-9020 ext 701.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Middleton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I really enjoyed the size of the room, king suit. It was great for myself and two young ladies. I was disappointed in the location of the room, I had read several reviews about the noise from the highway so I asked for a room on the other side. So instead of being kept up from highway noise we were kept up by the voices of hotel guest smoking outside our window. I decided to drowned out the noise by putting the fan on auto and that just caused some of the smoke to seep in thru the fan. A lose lose situation. Also, one of the reasons I choose this hotel was in the description of the breakfast, it said there would be bacon. Well one of my daughters loves bacon and only gets to enjoy on special occasions, such as a hotel stay, but come morning and after a promise of bacon. There was none. Another dissapointment. I rated the cleanliness of the hotel "poor" due to the mold in the shower. Otherwise the room and common areas were clean. With so many other choices in the area and all at about the same rate, we would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jaxserio
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
I appreciate you taking time out to leave us a review. I am sorry the morning you had breakfast with us bacon was not being served. We always offer a meat however we rotate sausage and bacon. If you were to ask the breakfast host I am sure she or he would have been happy to make some for you. In the future if you have a problem with noise please make us aware at the front desk and we will do our best to have it resolved promptly. In your case it would have been difficult because I can't ask someone to not talk outside however I would have been more then happy to move your room. Again I do appologize and I hope you give us another chance. If you are ever in the Freeport area please call me directly and I will be sure to get you a room on the quiet side of the building and on the 3rd floor to prevent outside noise. To make reservations in the future please email me or call us directly: hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com or 207-865-9020

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I took a last minute trip to Freeport, Maine, in November 2011. For many of my last minute travel excursions, I use the "Name Your Own Price" feature on Priceline.com and got this room at a very reasonable price. After I checked in and went to my room, although the comforter on the bed looked like the bed was just made, when I turned down the covers, the sheets were all wrinkled and it looked like someone had slept in the bed, although the rest of the room looked perfectly untouched. Thinking that someone had been in the room, I promptly called the front desk and asked to have my room changed. The staff was very accomodating. When I went back to the Front Desk to have my key re-programmed, a conversation started between the Front Desk clerk and myself. When I was telling her about the bed, she said, "Oh, that bed was fine - we don't have the sheets ironed here, so they always looked wrinkled!" I just mention this in case you stay at this property and think that someone has been sleeping in your bed. The hotel is right next to the highway. I had a corner room and part of my room faced the highway, so I did hear the faint sound of the traffic. But it was not a big deal for me. The hotel is approximately 5-10 minutes from the downtown Freeport area. The night I went up, they happened to be having a big Christmas Tree Lighting at L.L. Bean, so I was in for a treat! I totally enjoyed myself at this hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Would suggest a room on the front side of the hotel, facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to leave a review for our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay in Freeport. I wthe great review to our wonderful staff. We hope to have you stay at our location in the future. Enjoy your summer!

hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We enjoyed the Holiday Inn in Freeport, Maine. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. A comfortable nights sleep and a helpful team of employees is our ultimate goal in providing you the best overall experience and we are glad we were able to provide you with both. We look forward to having you return again in the near future. Enjoy your summer!

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed for two nights in a King Suite which was large enough to not feel cramped. Our room, and the rest of the hotel, seemed clean and no complaints with the service we recieved.

Can't comment on the free breakfast they offer because I've found most all of them to be crappy unless you're staying some place where they actually "make it"...we went across the road to the Sunrise Cafe instead.

Good stay and would return here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Good Afternoon. Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. We are glad that you were satisfied with your stay at our Holiay Inn Express and Suites in Freeport. We have a wonderful staff and will be sure to pass along the wonderful feedback you left. We hope to have you stay with us next time you are in Freeport. Enjoy your summer!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This place would be a lot better if they didn't claim to be walking distance to downtown Freeport. This is about 3 miles down the road from downtown and the only thing that it is walking distance to is the highway which is situated right outside the back windows of this place. I would have never booked this hotel if I knew it was that far from downtown. Its claims are clearly written on the hotel webpage and are clearly false.

It is a fairly new hotel and is a pretty nice place down route 1 south but the noise from the highway will interrupt your sleep if you are staying on the back side of the hotel and be ready to drive to get to anything since there is nothing close by. No wonder the rates were low. As an FYI, the only hotel directly in downtown Freeport is the Hilton Garden Inn which I confused with this place. This is just a generic place to stay much like a Super 8 but cleaner. It really is false advertising to fool the consumer to think this is downtown Freeport. Also, the WI-FI here was spotty and just not good quality.

Room Tip: stay in the front of the hotel or you will be interrupted by the highway
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear that you stay was not as enjoyable as most guests have at our property. Our hoilday inn website states that "we are just minutes from all the adventures this city has to offer". We are only a mile and a half from the start of the outlets. With tons of parking in town, most find it to be extrememly convenient with only a 2 minute drive however you are correct the HIlton is in the center of town. I appogize for the inconvenience you experience while staying at our property. Have a great summer.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Everything about this hotel screams out desperation. From the lackluster staff, to the thin worn out linens, to the ownership group looking to nickle and dime between available room classes. It is apparent that this hotel was built not with hospitality in mind but as a free standing ATM way too class to the interstate.

Room Tip: If absolutely needed, stay here and request a room not facing Route 95.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I would first like to personally apoligize for any unhappiness you might have had during your stay with us. Please be assured that I have addressed any and all issues. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent any problems.

I would like to discuss this with you further so please feel free to call me and hopefully we can work something out so that you will give us a second chance. There is never any excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction . That is our goal!

Sales and Front Desk Manager
hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com
207-865-9020
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Comfort Suites
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#13 of 19 in Portland
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,460 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!