“New, no frills, nice staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Ottawa
“New, no frills, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

A good, ordinary but new hotel. The staff were friendly enough, the pool and hot tub were pretty nice and the breakfast was good, with more options than we had with other included breakfasts. The lounge where the breakfast bar was had enough room, and the hotel was easy to find and easy to park at. It is a few minutes drive from the main part of town though, although there is a restaurant or two within walking distance. All in all, about what I would expect from a big, middle of the road chain.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
hiexpressfreeport, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review about our location. Our goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied! If you are ever in the area again please contact us directly for the best rate!

Again thank you for taking time to leave us such wonderful feedback and I will be sure to pass this along to our wonderful staff. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Quispamsis, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This place as pretty average. The rooms are nice and large and beds are comfortable. The bathroom is big but the shower was not cleaned well. There was previous guest hair in the shower, on the walls and shower curtain. They do have a nice size pool a bit on the cool side and a nice hot tub. It does have a nice breakfast included as well. Also not far from the shopping area. About a five minute drive which is great! Overall it wasn't the best but I've stayed in alot worst.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. The feedback received from our guests is extremely important as it allows us to celebrate our successes and address our challenges.

I am very sorry that the cleanliness of the bathroom fell short and I have shared this with our Housekeeping team. We maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness and will not accept anything less. If you could please contact me so talk with the housekeeper that cleaned your room. The proper actions will be taken to assure this does not repeat itself.

I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in your next visit to Freeport, Maine.

(207) 865-9020 ext 701
Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed two nights here, having booked our stay through Hotwire and getting what I'm pretty sure was a decently discounted rate of about $180/night. I do realize we were there at "high" season and this rate is not really a matter of the hotel gouging because it was a good $60+ less than anything else I found searching regular sites. So I felt pretty glad to get this hotel at this rate after having shopped around on the internet for quite a while before booking.

The hotel is perfectly clean and comfortable. Indeed, the room was quite spacious and well appointed as are most HI Express properties--nice luxury bedding, attractive outfitting of the bathroom, etc. We slept very well despite being on the back side of the hotel, which some others have complained was noisy due to the interstate right behind it beyond the trees. Maybe it's noisier when the leaves are off the trees, but we weren't bothered AT ALL by highway noise. So, I'd say the room was absolutely as we expected and hoped it would be.

The breakfast was a fairly typical cold continental breakfast--which never is ideal because they tend to be quite heavy on sugar and carbs. This one is no different: cinnamon rolls are center stage, and there are lots of danishes, bagels, sugared cereals, etc. But if you looked around, there were also bananas, hard boiled eggs in the fridge, yogurt and milk, as well as instant oatmeal, so you could assemble something a bit healthier if you worked at it. And I thought the eating area was actually quite nice -- much more spacious than the cramped few tables that often characterize those rooms. There were plenty of tables here, and although the hotel seemed full, we had no trouble getting a place to sit.

One tip on the breakfast: the coffee seemed really weak, and we hate those machines that dispense the juice, because when the "concentrate" runs low or runs out, you can get really icky juice. Upgrading these two areas would go a long way to making the breakfast seem a whole lot better.

The hotel is not in walking distance of LL Bean or downtown Freeport--it's a 3-minute drive away. This was absolutely not a problem for us at all, and we found this a fine base from which to explore the town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed, accurate review. I know all guests have different expectations however we stay on top of all our employee and strive in all areas to make our hotel the best it can be. We do have people say frequently that our breakfast is all carbs and sugar. As you stated there are several options to make it healthy (Yogurt, Bananas, Oatmean, Boiled Eggs). As for the highway noise I also agree with you. I am not a light sleeper so the highway noise doesn't bother me one bit when I stay here. However if you are a light sleeper we do our best to get you on the Rt.1 side of our property.

We hope to have you stay with us in the future and thank you again for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review.

Sales and Front Desk Manager
Katonah, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We've stayed here before on our way home from Prince Edward Island. Freeport is a busy place, with plenty of nice places to eat and, of course, the shopping is what this town is all about. When we checked in on July 10, we were given keys to an already-occupied room. The person at the front desk was distracted and not manning his post full time. He finally put us in a room directly across from the elevator. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet, however, and we didn't mind paying the $160 fee. It's not clear if internet access is free, since one is asked for credit card information when logging on, but as soon as one checks with the front desk it suddenly becomes free. So be sure to ask, or you'll end up paying for it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are pretty close to busy Route 295, so try to get something in the front.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, the feedback received from our guests is extremely important as it allows us to celebrate our successes and address our challenges.

I did receive a note in the morning stating that you had been checked into an occupied room. I do appologize for that. Aparently there was miscommunication and the guest in the room the night before decided to stay an additional night. Again I apologize for that.

As for the internet we NEVER charge our guests, it is included in your stay. We do ask for credit card for other incidental charges guests may have when checking in which is standard for most hotels.

We hope to have you stay with us in the future and if you would like to discuss this further feel free to call me at (207)865-9020 ext 701.
Middleton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I really enjoyed the size of the room, king suit. It was great for myself and two young ladies. I was disappointed in the location of the room, I had read several reviews about the noise from the highway so I asked for a room on the other side. So instead of being kept up from highway noise we were kept up by the voices of hotel guest smoking outside our window. I decided to drowned out the noise by putting the fan on auto and that just caused some of the smoke to seep in thru the fan. A lose lose situation. Also, one of the reasons I choose this hotel was in the description of the breakfast, it said there would be bacon. Well one of my daughters loves bacon and only gets to enjoy on special occasions, such as a hotel stay, but come morning and after a promise of bacon. There was none. Another dissapointment. I rated the cleanliness of the hotel "poor" due to the mold in the shower. Otherwise the room and common areas were clean. With so many other choices in the area and all at about the same rate, we would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jaxserio
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
I appreciate you taking time out to leave us a review. I am sorry the morning you had breakfast with us bacon was not being served. We always offer a meat however we rotate sausage and bacon. If you were to ask the breakfast host I am sure she or he would have been happy to make some for you. In the future if you have a problem with noise please make us aware at the front desk and we will do our best to have it resolved promptly. In your case it would have been difficult because I can't ask someone to not talk outside however I would have been more then happy to move your room. Again I do appologize and I hope you give us another chance. If you are ever in the Freeport area please call me directly and I will be sure to get you a room on the quiet side of the building and on the 3rd floor to prevent outside noise. To make reservations in the future please email me or call us directly: hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com or 207-865-9020

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I took a last minute trip to Freeport, Maine, in November 2011. For many of my last minute travel excursions, I use the "Name Your Own Price" feature on Priceline.com and got this room at a very reasonable price. After I checked in and went to my room, although the comforter on the bed looked like the bed was just made, when I turned down the covers, the sheets were all wrinkled and it looked like someone had slept in the bed, although the rest of the room looked perfectly untouched. Thinking that someone had been in the room, I promptly called the front desk and asked to have my room changed. The staff was very accomodating. When I went back to the Front Desk to have my key re-programmed, a conversation started between the Front Desk clerk and myself. When I was telling her about the bed, she said, "Oh, that bed was fine - we don't have the sheets ironed here, so they always looked wrinkled!" I just mention this in case you stay at this property and think that someone has been sleeping in your bed. The hotel is right next to the highway. I had a corner room and part of my room faced the highway, so I did hear the faint sound of the traffic. But it was not a big deal for me. The hotel is approximately 5-10 minutes from the downtown Freeport area. The night I went up, they happened to be having a big Christmas Tree Lighting at L.L. Bean, so I was in for a treat! I totally enjoyed myself at this hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Would suggest a room on the front side of the hotel, facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to leave a review for our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay in Freeport. I wthe great review to our wonderful staff. We hope to have you stay at our location in the future. Enjoy your summer!

hiexpressfreeport@yahoo.com
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We enjoyed the Holiday Inn in Freeport, Maine. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. A comfortable nights sleep and a helpful team of employees is our ultimate goal in providing you the best overall experience and we are glad we were able to provide you with both. We look forward to having you return again in the near future. Enjoy your summer!

Amanda Marinko
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Comfort Suites
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#13 of 19 in Portland
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,468 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!