“Good place to rest after a long day's shopping and sightseeing in Maine”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Manama, Bahrain
“Good place to rest after a long day's shopping and sightseeing in Maine”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel was good value, comfortable, very clean, spacious rooms and the staff were lovely. Only criticisms are the wifi coverage was patchy and the breakfast was so bad that we skipped it the second morning. Didn't use the pool and gym, so can't comment. Found this to be relatively good value for money. Location was convenient to Freeport and to the coast, so you can easily combine sightseeing with shopping. Address should state that it is the south end of Freeport, as GPS brought us to north end and it took a while to find it.

Room Tip: We gambled with the bargain standard room (pot luck with availability) and, although we got a twin i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback. Feedback is so important and we appreciate you taking time to leave us this review. I am happy to let you know that we now have a new internet provider and it seems to be working smooth. It was because of your feedback as well as other concerned guests that made us push this issue to the top of the list and get it resolved quickly.

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy breakfast. We recently added the pancake machine and a new sausage to the breakfast which seems to be a huge hit.

We do hope to have you stay with us again and once again thank you so much for leaving this feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night in late June. I appreciated that they didn't rope me into a multiple-night stay. The hotel is just a few-minute drive from the center of Freeport. The room was decent -- a good size for two people. Just make sure you turn the A/C to "on" instead of "auto" unless you want it turning on and off all night, making lots of noise. We didn't eat the hotel breakfast so can't comment on that.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review and I apologize that it has taken me some time to reply to your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. I am sorry to hear the ac unit was giving you problem although I am glad that you found the unit to work better when it was on the on setting. If you do have problems in the future please let us know as we do have replacement units on site and we would be happy to swap the unit.

Thank you so much for your feedback and we do hope to have you stay with us again!
Montréal-Nord, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

It was an amazing place to stay! Employees take care of each customer; especially AMANDA!

She takes care of each children by offering balloons with shape animal that she create herself! She hase a great smile, she offers hospitality and she takes cares of each customer like Vip!

This hotel is close of the Factory Outlet and great restaurants!

The pool close at 20H00!

Room Tip: All rooms are great; but take the front side of the Hotel cause the back is close of the Highway
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Laura N,

I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I thought the balloon animals were a good idea and glad your children enjoyed them! I strive to provide my guests with the best costumer service I can.

Thank you so much for your kind review and I do hope to have your family stay with us again!
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on an excursion to Freeport. The hotel was clean and modern, with a very friendly staff. It's less than 10 minutes from LL Bean and maybe 20 minutes to downtown Portland. It's a good value when you consider the breakfast buffet included in the price. I highly recommend staying there.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us while visiting our area. We are glad you experience friendly service, a good breakfast and a clean room! We strive to provide our guests with the most enjoyable stay possible!

Thank you for taking time to leave us this review and we do hope to have you stay with us again.
Parsonsfield
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for business. The rooms are nice, clean, updated. The only thing I would change is the bathroom lighting. It is a neon bulb, but very dim for a bathroom. Had a King room, bed was very comfy, also had a desk and chair, flat screen TV, small refrigerator, and microwave which came in handy for heating up some food. A short drive into Freeport downtown for great shopping. I am a Priority Club Gold member and was not acknowledged as such. Front desk seemed dlow and once I waited for about ten minutes there with noone behind the desk. I had to call the desk on my cel phone to have someone answer an come to the desk. This was at 8 pm, not in the middle of the night. I think there should be an attendant at the front desk at all times. Other than that, I had a nice stay. Free breakfast was decent with eggs bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, etc. Good to start your day. I would definitely come back - but do feel they need to address some areas.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for your kind review. We apprecaite you taking time to leave our property your feedback. I will be sure to share this review with all appropriate staff members. If you are ever in the Freeport area in the future please contact us!

Happy Summer!
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Biggest price gouge. Staff very rude and not helpful. We had called to make the reservation and booked a room with double beds. We arrive here and they have a room with a king bed and tell us for 20 dollars more a night we can have double beds. What a joke. Won't be staying here again. Stay in Portland and save some money.

1 Thank Tkate2
Good Morning,

I apologize that you stay was not up to our typical high standards. If a room with 2 beds was reserved we would never charge an addition fee to provide you with the room booked. Please, please contact us so we can figure out what happened. People often reserve through 3rd party (tavelweb, hotwire, etc...) and don't realize that the description for a standard room has a king size bed. There is an option for 2 beds however the rate is higher. I would really appreciate a phone call so I can figure out what exactly happened. Thank you and I look forward to talking with you.
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights here while I took a course at nearby LL Bean's Outdoor Adventure School. The hotel is five minutes from anywhere you might need to be in Freeport.
I arrived very late (well after midnight) and was greeted by a friendly front desk clerk who had me in my room as quickly as was humanly possible.
The room rate includes breakfast. There was plenty of variety, including fresh fruit and yogurt. The usual baked goods and breads to toast were also available. Not gourmet fare but enough to get you going.
I had a problem on my second night with the room key not working. It turned out to be a faulty door device and it took about 45 minutes to determine it wasn't fixable and switch my room. Hotel staff was apologetic, made sure I was comfortably situated in the breakfast room with a cup of tea, and presented me with a bag of snack crackers and bottled water for my troubles. Stuff happens but they couldn't have been more on top of it. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for being so understanding. There are some things we just can not prevent from happening and I appreciate your patience while they figured out the issue. I am glad you felt we handled this issue properly. Again thank you for taking time to share this, as feedback is so valuable to future guests and our staff.

We hope to have you stay with us again! Enjoy your Holiday!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Comfort Suites
Best Western Freeport Inn
Best Western Freeport Inn
#8 of 11 in Freeport
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!