“Incompetent and Rude Staff / Management”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Two months before a wedding we attended in Maine, we made a reservation directly through the front desk. About two weeks before the wedding, I noticed a much better rate through Hotels.com (where I get rewards as well) and booked it. We called to cancel the first reservation and were told we were all set. Fast forward two weeks and the original reservation was charged to our credit card.

Hotel claims they never spoke to us, and that they held the room all night for us and we were a no show... even though we were staying in the hotel. General manager and front desk manager were rude and unwilling to help resolve the situation. Truly terrible experience dealing with management who thinks they are entitled to charge us twice for their staff's incompetency. Don't foresee myself staying at another Holiday Inn Express, let alone this poorly run location.

1  Thank bfarrell83
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the way we handled your no show reservation. This reservation was never canceled. After speaking with your girlfriend I asked who she spoke with when canceling this reservation and she gave me a name of someone who does not work at our property leading me to believe she didn't cancel with us directly so the error was not on our end.

We were sold out that night and the room in your girlfriends name was held all night resulting in a one night room charge. If you did put the hotels.com reservation in her name we would have saw you were in house and confirmed you needed two rooms. We offered you a comp. night to uses within the next 6 months and your declined this.

I feel we did everything and more to work this out and I apologize you do not feel the same. For future I highly suggest getting cancellation numbers to prevent this from happening again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport

Reviewed 24 September 2013

There are some small luxuries that one appreciates - a cover over the blanket is one. The beds here are comfortable and clean, The rooms are generous with a sitting area, microwave and refrigerator. The staff is friendly. Other than the free breakfast, which was barely edible, this motel gets no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I am glad you enjoyed your room. We do have large, comfy rooms and strive to have the best house keeping possible. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your breakfast. If you would be so kind to email me with suggestions about how we can improve breakfast that would be very helpful because we take all comments and suggestions into great consideration (hiefreeport@gmail.com).

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review and I look forward to talking further.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We wanted a hotel between Boston and Acadia and this suited us well. The room was spacious and clean, the front desk staff very polite and helpful and the breakfast was plentiful. I would gladly stay here again and think it was excellent value for money.

1  Thank 660Traveller
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for leaving our property a review. We appreciate you taking time to leave feedback to share with us and other future guests. I will be sure to pass this review along to all appropriate departments.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have been staying here for over 4 years during business trips and not once have I ever had a complaint about the staff. They are always helpful with different activities that are happening locally. The rooms are clean,quite and modern in style. The property is always being maintained and updated. The breakfast staff is very accomodating which is great as I'm not a morning person. The management is always asking for ideas to improve and add comfort to my stay.

Room Tip: You can hear very little noise from 295 when staying on the west side of the hotel which is great fo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank fred s
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave our property a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us again. We appreciate your business and look forward to have you stay with us again. Thank you again for leaving feedback and I will be certain to share this review with our amazing staff.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Second time we have stayed here. We took three friends this time. A brilliant stay again.
Comfy beds and great service. As hotel fast breakfasts go this was also fine. If you are in the are stay here I dont think you will be disappointed. Hope to be staying again next year.

Room Tip: Upper floor if you can
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank scottfire

Thank you so much for leaving our property a review. We are so glad to hear that once again you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you bringing your friends along to share a great experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. For best rates please contact us directly and let the front desk know you are a returning costumer! Thank you again for taking time to leave us feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Freeport, Maine which was a lovely hotel--clean, friendly and helpful--on a 2 week motorcycle trip from Minnesota to the East Coast.

We had a box to ship from the hotel back to MN. The manager went "Above and Beyond" helping us to resolve the problems we had getting it picked up and shipped. She certainly went out of her way and we thank her for that.

If you are looking for a place to stay where you are not just a number...this Holiday Inn Express cares.

Thanks from the MN Harley folks!

Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly apprecaite you taking time to leave our property a review. I am glad we were finally able to get your package sent off for you. If you are ever back in Maine we would love to have you stay with us again. I will be sure to share this review with our housekeeping and front desk staff. Happy Fall!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My Mom and I were doing some shopping in the area and decided to pick a place last minute. This one was GREAT! Great deal. Gave us a room on the NOT HIGHWAY side. The bed was lovely. The breakfast was top notch. The room was really clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Even the parking lot was well maintained. The staff was super helpful and kind and wonderful. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to a highway. Get a room on the side NOT facing the highway if you are a light s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you and your Mother enjoyed staying with us. I agree with you, we do have a wonderful staff and I am glad we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The housekeeping staff love to get guest feedback and I will be sure to share this with them. Typically the housekeeping get the negative feedback and not the positive and I will be sure to share this with them. Cleanliness is our priority and I am glad you enjoyed your room!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Quality Suites
#1 of 11 in Freeport
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#15 of 20 in Portland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!