“A warm friendly check in.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
san francisco
“A warm friendly check in.”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Amada, at the Front Desk was worth the price of admission. She was very friendly, helped return the luggage cart, and gave detailed tourist info. Just happened we were there for the annual Maple Syrup Festival and she printed out maps and made suggestions on which farm to visit.
Room was in very good condition with decent pillows and mattress. Great location - 5 minutes to LLBean area and 20 minutes to Portland. Be sure to visit the largest globe in the world, 5 minutes away - The Map Store.

Room Tip: No problem with noise facing the highway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest/s,

Thank you so much for leaving our property such a detailed review. I am so glad that you guys enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express in Suites in Freeport, Maine. What a wonderful weekend to come up to Maine for our Maple Sunday! We strive to provide the best costumer service and I am glad you experienced just that! If you are ever in the Freeport area again we would love to have you stay with us.

Happy Spring and again thank you for your kind words!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
New Bedford
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a nice hotel. We stayed three nights, actually we are still here and this is our last night. We were greeted very warmly, some three hours before the actual check in time, and were given an available room. The heating system, I am no plumber, is odd it kind of pumps out warm air then cool to keep the room temp even I guess. Well it was mostly cold air so we called the office and in five minutes we had a new room.

The breakfast is modest but adequate and the breakfast room is quite nice. The hotel is very clean and every desk person we met over the three days here was cordial, engaging, and attentive. The pool and hot tubs were nice, a bit small, but fine for us since only one other person was using the facility.

The location is great....Five minutes to L.L. Bean and all the outlets in Freeport. It is just a short drive to Portland and my favorite area, Old Port. It is only 15 or 20 minutes to Brunswick and Bowdoin College, It is about a half hour to Bath Maine, a quaint town with lots of nice shops, and maybe 40 minutes to Boothbay Harbor. It is a two minute drive to a supermarket if you want to eat in which we did the first night. The room has a fridge and microwave, sufficient for our needs.

We also had a room on the highway side but unlike some others it did not bother us. I told the desk clerk when checking in that I had read reviews about the noise on the highway side and she said she would gladly move us if it was a problem. It was not and we were happy with the room. I wanted to stay another night but my wife wants to return home. So in about eight hours, at the time of writing this review, we will leave quite happy with our stay. Nice job HIE.

Room Tip: Good central location to stay and with day trips you can enjoy the Maine coast from Portland to Camd...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spankems
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave our property such in depth feedback. It is extremely valuable to our staff and potential guests. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Freeport, Maine Holiday Inn Express & Suites!

I do apologize for the inconvenience in having to switch rooms due to a heater not functioning properly. I am glad we were able to move you to another room in a timely manner. I glad to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay! I will be sure to share this review with them! If there was any one staff member in particular you would like to recognize please let me know and I would be happy to add their name to the employee of the month box!

Again thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us. Feedback is so important and we take all suggestions into great consideration. We hope to have you stay with us again!
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here on a Thursday night. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel room was in great condition. The bathroom was clean and well taken care of. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable and allowed for a great night sleep. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chris F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave our Freeport, Holiday Inn Express & Suites a review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations with us. We strive to provide exceptional costumer service and a clean room and I am glad we were able to do just that!

If you are ever in the area again we would love to have you stay with us again!

Happy Spring!
Castine, Maine
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Family of 4 with two kids under 4. Stayed in the off-season for one night. Price was excellent and staff were extremely friendly. Rooms were spacious and clean. Our room was near the elevator, which had me worried about the noise level, but it was extremely quiet within the room and slept great. Beds and pillows were comfortable and plenty of extra room for a pack n'play. Connection to wireless network was solid. Breakfast included sausage and gravy, biscuits, bacon and eggs.

Only reasons why not a 5 was our bathroom door would not stay shut and we were missing light bulbs in one of the lamps. However, those issues are extremely minor and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I agree the rooms are a great size and will comfortable fit a family of 4 or 5.

I have already asked maintenance to check the rooms around the elevator to assure housekeeping has replaced the light bulbs in the room and also asked him to check and see why the bathroom door will not shut properly. If you could possibly send me an email with the name on your reservation that way I can be certain the issues have been fixed.

Again thank you for taking time to share you feedback and we hope to have you and your family stay with us again!
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Having visited other Holiday Inn Express I booked through Expedia for this hotel. It is near Freeport but pinched between the Interstate and the regional highway so it is fairly noisy. We found the room of a good size but it looked dated. The place was clean and the beds Ok. A breakfast was included but it's quality left a lot to desire. Eggs were rubber like, bacon paper thin and biscuits were dry as bone on our second day. Upon checking out I was refused a copy of my bill showing it was all paid up because my room had been prepaid. I would not go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. When booking through a third party wed site we do not have access to your receipt. You pay them and they pay us so the receipt we have is not accurate and we are not suppose to give the guests a copy. You pay the third party site commission so we do not know what you paid. This is standard when booking through a third party website. We are more then happy to print you something that says you stayed with us if needed for getting across the border.

I am so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your breakfast with us. IHG is in the process of changing the menu and adding new healthier options! I apologize about the noise level, I understand some people are lighter sleepers then other. We are more then happy to put you on the front of the hotel which faces route 1, so if you do stay with us again, please call us directly for the best rates and to assure you will get a room on the front of the building. This will also prevent any problems with getting a receipt in the morning.

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback and we do hope you give us another shot in the future!
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Brand new, great rest, quiet time of year and I so needed a great rest. Featured the usual breakfast spread; cereal, yogurt, hot breakfast, breads, coffee and tea. VG coffee. Only criticism would be that the dining room chairs have you leaning back away from the table.

The suite was very nice, lots of room and WiFi was fast.

Thank you Holiday Inn Express, Freeport, Maine.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms back onto interstate - highway noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to exceed expectations and I will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thank you so much for taking time to leave our hotel a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Freeport, Maine!
Machias, Maine
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The friendly desk manager upgraded us to a suite at no additional cost because of low occupancy on the night that we stayed. The hotel is new and very clean, including the pool and hot tub. Excellent location, very close to Freeport stores but far enough away to be quiet. Easy to access from I-295 and Route 1. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave our Holiday Inn Express a review. I am so happy you chose to stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations of the room and service you received. We hope to have you stay with us again!

Thank you for the review and kind words!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Quality Suites
#1 of 11 in Freeport
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!