I saw a couple poor reviews of the hotel so was a little leery in booking here. But in all the places I researched this was one of the least expensive hotels with good proximity to Portland (about 20 minutes I guess), and that met my minimum standards (somewhere safe, clean, nice).
Okay bad first. The shower and sink are very slow to drain, which sounds silly but it can be a bit annoying when you have to turn the water off continually in fear that it will all overflow. I am on the highway side of the hotel, and that can be annoying so if you don't like the sound of constant traffic going by I might request the other side against Rte 1 which is probably quieter. Noisy plastic covering on mattress. I assure you it has been a long time since I've wet the bed, and found this almost a little insulting compared to other places I've stayed where I never noticed this.
Okay now good. I was greeted immediately upon arrival - a super helpful front desk person (I really wish I took note of her name), who helped me check in and connected me with a place to eat after a long day of travel - after many places had closed. The room is clean and spacious with a climate control system that was very effective. Plenty of hot water for shower (always a plus). Oh, and free breakfast - nothing fancy by any means (I particularly detest frozen egg patties but hey maybe some people like them), with an assortment of fruit (apples, bananas, oranges), bagels, pancakes, sausage, cereals, etc.
Would I stay again? Maybe. It was not compelling enough to wow me (do something crazy like offer a unique breakfast, have snacks out, something different!) so I will check out other places away from the noise of the highway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A salty, warm breeze fresh from the Atlantic surrounds you here at the Holiday Inn Express in Freeport Maine. The world's best lobster can be found here along with L.L. Bean s flagship store open 24hrs a day. Come visit the birthplace of Maine, Freeport! This history-filled town is close to many attractions such as local mountains, trails, beaches, golf courses, and lighthouses, all just minutes away. Holiday Inn Express is the ideal destination whether you are traveling for business or leisure. You are just minutes away from the adventures that Freeport has to offer. We are located just 15 miles north of Portland International Jetport (PWM) and 10 miles south of Brunswick and Bowdoin College. Our hotel with its coastal New England charm is waiting to welcome you with the newest accommodations Freeport has to offer. Our purpose is to take better care of you and your needs by offering a variety of amenities and services. During your Freeport/Brunswick stay you can enjoy amenities that include a heated indoor pool, a fitness center, coin laundry, business center with printer, wireless and wired internet access, free on site parking, 24-hour coffee and tea service, the Simply Smart bedding collection, Express Start Breakfast Bar, Smart Roast coffee and our exclusive cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Freeport
- Holiday Inn Express Freeport
- Holiday Inn Freeport
- Freeport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport Maine