Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
New York
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We are a family of 5 and I went to the front desk to ask for more bath towels. The girl at the front desk told me she'd put in a request for more towels, which I thought was nice. Every day, I needed to go to the front desk and get more towels. OK, so no big deal. The staff was nice and friendly. Lot's of nice families. Breakfast was eh, so we ate out for the rest of our vacation. The pool was small but there was never really a crowd so my kids enjoyed it, nothing to complain about. It is a nice small hotel for the price. The shower rod was loose so it sloped down which made the curtain not close properly, annoying but manageable. Close to LL Bean and an easy drive to Portland. My only real complaint is that every night outside the side entrance to the parking lot there were always a bunch of (what seemed to be) construction men hanging out. Smoking and drinking beer. If I had to pass them I felt extremely uncomfortable and the cigarette ashes that were on the carpet on the stairs from them was never cleaned the entire week we were there. There were beer cans piled high in the garbage the next morning because of them. They made my entire family feel really uncomfortable that we had to park on the other side of the building which was the opposite side of where our room was. So we were inconvenienced because of boys behaving badly. I don't know if they were just there for the week or they are local workers just looking for a place to hang out. If they were just guests then fine, not everyone is perfect but if they are locals then management should do something about it because they don't belong there making the female guests feel uncomfortable. --- Overall the room was nice with microwave and sink (we had a larger room with pull out sofa). Friendly and close to the sites.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank TMCFTL
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with myself and the rest of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Freeport, Maine, Staff and Management. I am glad to hear overall your enjoyed your stay with us however I do apologize for not receiving enough towels for your family each day. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping to make sure once they get a request they are fulfilling them.

I also apologize for the inconvenience with some of our guests sitting outside the door and drinking and smoking. I do understand how this can make you feel uncomfortable by entering and exiting and I have already moved the chairs so that the guests will not be sitting by the exit/entrance. These guys have been here for months and are very respectful however I was unaware they were sitting outside drinking. Because of the review I have taken care of this issue and this should no long be a problem for future guest.

Again thank you for sharing this feedback as it is very valuable to us. We hope our shortfalls do not prevent you from staying with us in the future. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We arrived at this hotel around 2am after traveling for 12 hours on our way from PA to Monhegan Island, Maine. The location was awesome...right off of Highway 1 and I-295. Checkin took approximately 30 seconds. It was a very quick and easy checkin - which was very welcome considering the late hour. The person who checked us in even took time to thank me for being a Priority Club member which I thought was a really nice touch. The room, which we booked through the IHG website, was immaculate. The bed was comfortable and the traffic noise referenced by a previous commenter was not heard by us. Breakfast was your normal run of the mill hotel breakfast. Of course, the cinnamon buns that Holiday Inn Express is famous for was what I was looking forward to after making this reservation.

All in all, this hotel is just what we needed. The ease and convenience of both the location and the checkin process was very appreciated. In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with Holiday Inn Express. That is one reason we look for them wherever we go! As for this particular property, we would absolutely stay here again!

Dear Valued Guest,

PERFECT stay is what we strive to provide our guest with and I am glad you were able to experience just that! I am so happy to hear that we met your expectations. I will be sure to share this review with our staff!

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Freeport, Maine and we hope to have you stay with us again!
Ashland, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

New wife and I were on NE vacation and determined to visit Maine. We drove up to Freeport without reservation and chose this propery. Ultra clean and awesome staff. Every staffer we saw asked "how we help during your stay?" Check in a breze and breafast with server Amber deserves praise. The rail line behind the property only has four train a day operated by Amtrak.

We stay in a dozen hotels a year and rank this #1 of 2014. HGI is close to LL Bean and fine eateries. Staff will gladly make suggestions on what to see, eat, or do in area.

Bottom line, this hotel is in town but feels like rural setting. Management deserves praise for training of awesome helpful staff. We'll likely return. A quality hotel indeed. Excellent wheelchair access.

Sleep Quality
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I will be sure to pass this review onto the proper hotel! If you are ever in the Freeport area again please feel free to give us a shot at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Freeport, Maine!
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights of July 4 weekend. I was running in the July 4 LL Bean run and we were doing some shopping. Typically we just drive to Freeport as a shopping trip from Bangor but with the race and holiday we stayed in Freeport. It was a great location, just off the interstate, not far to Main street shopping and lots of places to eat. The hotel was very nice and clean and had a small pool and small fitness room. Breakfast was very good, they need more tables and fewer couches and coffee tables. Lot of choice for breakfast but lack of space meant either taking things back to your room or eating breakfast on the couch. Front desk staff were helpful at check in with maps, and coupons.

Room Tip: Liked being on the ground floor and close to breakfast room, pool and room for bringing all your Fre...
1 Thank Willram
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to hear that we met your expectations here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Freeport, Maine. We strive to provide guests with a comfortable night stay, superb costumer service and clean accommodations. I am glad we were able to provide you with just that!

I thank you for sharing your review about the breakfast room! The room does currently accommodate over 40, however, we realize that this is not the adequate amount of seating when sold out, especially if everyone comes at the same time! We have added additional seating outdoor which we understand can't always be used however we will be redoing the breakfast area sometime in 2015. We will be replacing the carpet, removing the couches and putting additional tables in there!

We hope you stay with us again and check out the new breakfast room! I am not certain on the exact date it will be finished, however, I do know it will be done in 2015!
Fulton, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The room was typical of most Holiday Inn expresses, clean with good bed and pillows. This property charges excessively for a Friday or Saturday Night and then on Monday the price drops back to what they consider normal for this area. We felt the price was too much for the services we received. The "free" breakfast was adequate which surprised us. We figured at these week end prices the breakfast would feature bacon and steak.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms above the entrance to the hotel, they are very noisy.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Freeport, Maine. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! As for the weekend rates during peak season, Mid June through Mid August, the rates do sky rocket however all hotels in the area have roughly the same rates. For the best rates please call the hotel directly so we can provide you with some sort of discount.

Again thank you for taking the time to share you feedback and we hope to have you stay with us again!
Randolph, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel using it as our headquarters as we visited Kennebunkport area, Boothbay and of course downtown Freeport and L L Bean. Pleasant and helpful staff. They were able to give us great directions and suggestions for great places to eat. Clean and comfortable rooms with easy access to the thruway and area attractions. Good continental breakfast and breakfast area. Clean pool area.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room not far from the lobby and elevators but heard no excessive noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to hear that we met all of your expectations while staying at our Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Freeport, Maine, for three nights! We strive to provide guest with exceptional accommodations and service and I am glad to hear we did just that! I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff.

If your travels ever bring you back to the Freeport area we hope you choose to stay with us again! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Kyle, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very nice hotel on the outskirts of Freeport. Clean room, very nice bedding. They had a good continental breakfast in the morning. The front desk staff Amanda M. was very friendly and informative to guests about what was in the area,

Room Tip: All rooms should be quiet as the traffic was not that noisy.
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so honored to hear that I was able to provide you with information you requested! We strive to provide guests with clean accommodation and great costumer service and I am glad you received just that!

If you travels ever bring you back to this area we hope to have you stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Comfort Suites
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#13 of 19 in Portland
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,468 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!